Furniture holdup

It's also used on many high end cruisers. I saw numerous ones with it at Annapolis. These are those boats in the $500K plus playground, so I'm thinking it's good stuff! As I stated before, I think people are resistant to change and pontoon "vinyl" has been the same old same old for years. After spending our first day on the boat with it, I'm sold!!

I know I am an outlier here but my wife and I liked are vinyl on our 2006 Bennington better than the soft touch on our new Bennington we purchased last year. My wife just did not think it  was durable like our previous boat. Sure enough 3 week after we had the new boat we found a small rip in the upholstery. Took over 4 months to get it replaced. I liked the change to Simtex as I see it as a more durable fabric that looks great also. The good thing is I will get to test  it myself on the new RCW in a about a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone new to Bennington, we were very impressed with the Simtex when we put our order in back in December.  We are very hopeful it will be durable, and comfortable, for years to come.  However, we certainly can understand the frustrations of many when it leads to production and delivery hold ups.  If it turns out to be as durable and comfortable as touted, all these waits will be worth it over the lifetime of our new boats. 

In the short run =  <_<

In the long run =  :D

Back