Furniture holdup

Todd & Amanda

Reaction score
So as my luck goes, our boat was scheduled to build last Friday and then we recieved the email Friday afternoon that our boat hasn't been built due to the furniture not arriving. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm not sure why it takes so long for furniture to be delivered since we didn't special order anything. 

Happening to my brother -in - law ,also . He was going cancel and wait for a 2018 . Just decided today to wait it out . He already owns a 2013 Bennington so he has something to use while waiting 

Happening to my brother -in - law ,also . He was going cancel and wait for a 2018 . Just decided today to wait it out . He already owns a 2013 Bennington so he has something to use while waiting 

What model does he have ordered and what color interior?

He ordered an S premium ( in February ) ,not sure about the color 

Was scheduled for delivery late April early May ,build date is now end of June . 

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been reports on several threads in the past couple weeks reporting on similar shortages with the furniture supplier.

How much of this do you think is due to the new revamp of the vinyl in the furniture fabric?  Like TomS said above, this shortages are popping up in a few different threads this past week or two.  Something certainly has hit a wall somewhere in their furniture supply chain. The good news is this - it will be worth it once it arrives. 

We ordered an S model in September and had the same problem with the furniture. actually did not take ownership of the boat until January because of that delay

My issue has been documented in other threads. My boat was built  on March 8 but was not delivered because one piece of furniture was needed.  I just got word yesterday that my boat will ship next week. Bennington has been having furniture issues since last Fall as they changed fabric suppliers to Simtex.  A tough year to become the fabric supplier when it appears sales may be up 20+ percent.

They have had supply issues with the furniture for years. Back in 2013 it took 12 weeks to get a replacement helm chair under warranty. 

I drove by the factory in Elkhart tonight on my way to Chicago. Looks like they have more boats and chassis than they know what to do with! I drive by here fairly often and have never seen their storage lot that full. Busy folks, in a good way.

/monthly_2017_04/large.58defd7d82d90_BenningtonFactory-1(1).jpg.4cbd772d2aa9037787375589aa25a559.jpg

Well we had received an email saying the furniture had been running 7-10 days behind schedule which would have been by today. I just emailed them back and still no furniture and they said they have no updates from the supplier, this sucks!!! A couple we are friends with locally bought a new 22 S series with a mercury 150 on it so we've got to take a couple of boat rides and we're letting them use our covered slip and hydrohoist lift while we sit an wait. I just received another update, apparently the furniture holdup is on all R and Q furniture regardless of color.

Bummer hopefully they get the supply issues worked out and can get these boats out to their homes. Hang in there!

I wonder if Bennington procurment associates work remotely? I could be a buyer for them in my spare time!!!! How cool would that be?

My furniture issue for my R took about 3 weeks after the build date. I will finally be picking up my boat on the April 15th and dropping in the water on April 22nd.

My boat is at the factory waiting on all new skin on my furniture.

Bennington has told me it may a while because the company that Bennington uses for their furniture is behind schedule bacause the new material (Simtex) is harder to cut out the patterns in, thus putting the production line and warranty repairs behind...

What happened to your seats? I was curious what would happen if older owners boats needed a seat replaced. Are they redoing all of them?

What happened to your seats? I was curious what would happen if older owners boats needed a seat replaced. Are they redoing all of them?

I had a warranty item after model change for the  old soft touch. It took about 4 months for the furniture replacement to come in from the old vendor.

I have to wonder what made them switch to the new simtex? I don't recall hearing or seeing a lot of warranty issues with the soft touch vinyl. I'm sure they have their reasons I just hope this new vinyl is actual as good as it's claimed to be especially after having to wait longer to receive it. Our daughter was riding the inner tube last year on April 24th and it doesn't appear that we will even have a boat to use this year by then.

I had a chance to check out the Simtex at my dealer a few weeks ago. Personally, I have to say that I like it. It is definitely a different look and feel as compared to what I have.  

I do upholstery work on the side and had a chance to look at the Simtex raw fabric recently. It looks like is very durable fabric in the 30 oz range. It resembles the premium vinyl fabric I purchase for high end work. 

Back