G series wiring question

StevL

Reaction score
I see on the wiring schematic that there is a plug not used, it's for the customers use. Is this plug under the deck or console? It also seems to be wired to the same switch as the radio, depth finder, please confirm I'm reading this correctly...?

Is there a plug for the factory LED lights not being used, maybe on a different accessory switch? I see that there is a place for the side lighting but from the drawing I have no idea if any wiring has been done or if it needs to be wired from the switch.

I do see a unused plug under deck on the starboard side just aft of the console/captains chair. Any idea what switch (assuming it's switched) controls this plug?

Thx!!

Steve

Without looking at that particular wiring diagram, i would say the plug you found is for under deck lighting, and would be controlled by the nav. light switch.

Again, just guessing, the customer use plug would be under the helm for a depth finder, stereo amp, ect. And mine is controlled by the live well switch, no live well on mine, so i used it for the depth finder.

I see on the wiring schematic that there is a plug not used, it's for the customers use. Is this plug under the deck or console? It also seems to be wired to the same switch as the radio, depth finder, please confirm I'm reading this correctly...?

Is there a plug for the factory LED lights not being used, maybe on a different accessory switch? I see that there is a place for the side lighting but from the drawing I have no idea if any wiring has been done or if it needs to be wired from the switch.

I do see a unused plug under deck on the starboard side just aft of the console/captains chair. Any idea what switch (assuming it's switched) controls this plug?

Thx!!

Steve
Got a link to the schematic that you're using so that we can follow along and comment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thx!!

Steve
 Given it's proximity to the Bimini top I would guess that you're looking at the wiring for the optional Bimini LED's.  The Bimini LED's are controlled by the NAV switch and have a second single pole switch in series with the NAV switch on the Bimini top itself.  Both switches would need to be closed for the LED"s to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Bimini LEDs.... guess I'll get a multi-meter out and see what does what. I was hoping someone had already dealt with this.

Thx,

Steve

Thx!!

Steve
What color is the wiring to the plug? Blue/black or blue/red would denote side or underwater lighting by the schematic.

What color is the wiring to the plug? Blue/black or blue/red would denote side or underwater lighting by the schematic.
I will have to look, I didn't make a note of that... my bad, I should have all the info.

Steve

That might at least help narrow it down to see if it's what you need/want before running more wiring. I'll have to see if my RLi has one there. Might come in handy for some lighting projects !!  :D

Also by process of elimination you might be able to figure it out if you eliminate the stuff that you already have.  The schematic lists some optional devices with switch control:

-Bimini Frame LED's

-Livewell

-Center Bilge

-Cup holder Lights

-Underwater Lights

-Exterior Side Lights

Carl, Thanks for the heads up on the wire schematic link for "G" That'll go into the boat book. Very helpful. This group has all the answers, Don't they?

Back