Gas Cap

Bruce Doerhoefer

Reaction score
Chain broke on my gas cap and it fell into the lake. Does anyone know what brand of cap it is so I can order a replacement. Pontoon is 3 years old but the cap is the same as what's on a new one. Dealer wants $50. I know it's not a perko. Thanks for any help.

I got a replacement from the dealer.

Luckily mine floated when I did that. I'd just pay the $50. You wait too long and get water, dirt, etc... in the tank, it'll cost you a lot more than that!!

I'm surprised it is not Perko.  I thought the entire fuel neck assembly was all made by Perko.  I had fuel filling problems several years ago, and I'm pretty sure all the fuel stuff on my boat was made by them, but my boat is a 2011.  Maybe they changed manufacturers...

If you can take a photo of the fuel opening, and email it to Perko, they'd tell you if it was theirs or not.

At 3 years, you should be under warranty.  The chain breaking should be covered.  Your dealer (or closest Bennington dealer if you didn't buy from a dealer) should be able to get a replacement pretty quickly.

If it was me, I'd probably fill the tank and duct tape over the opening to keep spray out until you get a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back