Gas Prices

dclboater

Reaction score
I know this has popped up in some other threads, but every time I see gas prices tick up another notch on our lake, it makes me wonder what everyone else is paying and thought a dedicated thread may be fun (in a slightly disturbing way).

Currently $7.39 a gallon @ Deep Creek Lake in Maryland (ethanol free, on lake). Anyone higher or significantly lower?

I paid $6.19 last Saturday,on land Ethanol Free 90 octane. On the water ,its $7.69

Lake Norman Marina, the local Bennington dealership is $6.79 a gallon E free...... I still have a half tank from when we filled up at the beginning of the season at $5.19......

Lake Cumberland on the water was $6.99 for 90 octane no corn. $5.49 on land.

Update. Went up yesterday and it was $6.70 a gallon. 29 gallons to fill up…..ouch.
Stopped at one marina for lunch and they were $7.00.

We filled it up and did not worry about it. Owned Gas Stations for 30 years and everybody thought we were making a fortune and at $5.00 a gallon we lost money. That's way we changed industries. It's really nice to have weekends with my wife.

We filled it up and did not worry about it. Owned Gas Stations for 30 years and everybody thought we were making a fortune and at $5.00 a gallon we lost money. That's way we changed industries. It's really nice to have weekends with my wife.
Yeah, we made more selling a quart of oil to someone than a tank of gas.

Noone would believe how little a local station makes per gallon of gas.

5/20/23 I paid $4.69 on the street. 90 octane corn free. I have not seen marina prices yet this season.

$4.19 on the water for 87 no ethanol and I'm paying $4.10 on land for 90 no ethanol. I'm feeling rich after seeing yalls prices!

87 with, is $3.69 on the street. Just went up 35 cents yesterday for Memorial Day.

Sam's Club and Costco here in NC is $3.05 a gallon for 87 octane. QT is $3.89 a gallon for E free where I get my gas for my tractor/power equipment and the marina near my house has E free 90 octane for $5.89 a gallon....

just purchased on the water a week ago. Just under $7/gallon for 90 octane ethanol free. Street price is 4-4.5? can't recall as I don't watch it closely
Makes me nervous. Boat gets dropped in tomorrow. I use ethanol free at the nearest marina lakeside. I’ll find out soon, but hoping not to join your “gas club price plan” JCR. :oops: ;)

Makes me nervous. Boat gets dropped in tomorrow. I use ethanol free at the nearest marina lakeside. I’ll find out soon, but hoping not to join your “gas club price plan” JCR. :oops: ;)

no kidding... i started hauling 5 gallon cans. it's literally half the cost.

That said, none of the stations around my lake have Ethanol Free... but the station near my house does. Problem is, my house is an hour away from the dock. So everyone gets a good whiff of gas on the drive.

Bonus is that we are all getting swol carrying 5 gallon cans and siphoning fuel into the boat. That said, if I used more gas, this wouldn't be sustainable.

BTW, the wife and I were in Michigan last weekend for a getaway, staying near Suttons Bay. saw that whole area, Sleeping Bear dunes, Torch Lake and it's chain, and a few others. Amazing lakes, but darn cold water!

You hit up a beautiful area of the state, but yeah…weather is not tourist ready yet up this way. Ha, ha! I wonder what route you took on your way there? If driving, you might have gotten with just a mile or tow of our place on Houghton Lake, which is somewhat close to one of the freeways heading up that way.

Yeah. With some of my back/neck/hip issues, hauling anything heavy is off limits currently. I am a captive to higher priced marina gas.

Back