Gasoline

$5.69 , No Ethanol 91 octane here.

I filled up at our marina last Tuesday at $5.50/gallon. I went back on Saturday and it had went up to $6.50/gallon!

We live in a rural tourist area . In between 2 of the largest inland lake in Michigan .25 miles down the road gas is 30cents less .

If gas prices aren't price gouging, idk what is. Just sayin. I feel so sorry for the big rig drivers. Diesel is a good 50 cent higher at the truck stops. Even the price of food. I stopped at one to get a burger some time ago and almost feinted when she told me the price. I said throw it in the trashcan. I'm not paying that. Her response was "you haven't bought anything at a truck stop, have you."

Like I said, the price of gas jumped 13 cent today. Memorial weekend pricing. Watch it climb over the next couple days. Increased demand they say. So wrong !!!

Like I said, the price of gas jumped 13 cent today. Memorial weekend pricing. Watch it climb over the next couple days. Increased demand they say. So wrong !!!
You're right BigD! Our Costco was $4.14 on Wednesday. $4.26 today.

Quick Rant. I was a gasoline dealer for 30 years. This " the oil companies are ripping us off" ,has been going on for 50 years. Crude is $119 dollars a barrel as of this morning. 1.5 years ago it was a negative number. The oil companies were paying people to take it. The refineries tend to keep the same margins, the wholesalers get the same margins and the gas stations get screwed because their margins stay about the same but the cost of taking credit cards becomes higher because they charge a percentage of the sale. The last time gas was over $4 a gallon the credit card companies charged me more for the year than my GROSS margin for gas sales was. I paid the card companies to sell my fuel.

I told my wife yesterday to watch gas go down now after the holiday weekend. It was down 10 cent by the time we got back from the lake. Lol

The only cause of this expensive gas is……..? Feel free to delete post. I would if I could.

When I can find it....only 1 dock sells it, and just a few stations. When I can't, I carry the Quicksilver Additive. Seems plenty of people don't, use the additive, and have not had a problem. But, worth the extra cost if you can get it!

Well…I hadn’t been able to put gas in our boat since the 3rd week of Sept, 2020 due to it being in the shop for electrical system repairs since first possession after winter storage May 2021. SOOOOOO our first Fill-up on the lake since Sept 2020 was this past weekend: late May, 2022.

Price at our preferred lakeside marina was $6.50/gallon, marine rec fuel, no ethanol.

I hesitate to say I expected it to be about a half dollar more. I told my wife after we pulled away that it’s pretty bad when I was relieved it was “only” $6.50 lakeside on Memorial Day weekend.

However, two fill ups this weekend certainly begin to recalibrate us mentally for the summer ahead.

Gas = o_O
Time on Lake = :cool::)

I pay close attention to swipe fees some businesses try to make you pay them .Amex is 5%,mc and visa 2%. Most places in my area will not accept Amex , others here will charge you 3% to use a card.

We are being brainwashed right now. Wouldn't $3.50 seem like heaven right now ?

I know people that go to their marina, bring food and drink etc. and sit on their boat all day and hang out. Their boats haven't moved yet this year!

I pay close attention to swipe fees some businesses try to make you pay them .Amex is 5%,mc and visa 2%. Most places in my area will not accept Amex , others here will charge you 3% to use a card.
You might check with your card company. I was informed we can’t charge a fee for using card BUT we can offer a cash discount. I know at one time, card companies restricted “adding fees” for using their card. Also, it’s my understanding selling as credit, seller eats the fee. Debit, bank eats fee. Not sure if that’s still true.

The business's eat the fees which is why most here dont take Amex , I dont shop ,eat or buy gas where the establishment tacks on the swipe fee onto your bill . Several restaurants here even add a 3% charge to your bill for using your credit card . ( they call it a service charge ) Some have it posted on the door ,there is one doesn't even tell you until you get your bill

I encountered one of the marina restaurants tacking on a 3% concession fee, even if you paid cash. The server couldn't explain what the fee was for. No such fee at the gas pumps though.

Back