Gasoline

Fuel in MO is always seems cheaper than other states. I assume its because of less stringent pollution laws so they can use a cheaper blend.
I was surprised to see fuel only $4.99 on the water. That was for ethanol free 87 octane at LOTO over the weekend.
Wow just typing "fuel only $4.99" is a crazy thing to say, it still cost me $235 to fill the boat!
As far as the CC fees go, I'm surprised more places don't revolt and give a cash discount. I guess messing with the cash opens up other issues and isn't worth it in the end. Personally, I won't pay a service fee of 3% for using a credit card, I'd get the cash.

Ive been fueling it myself two 5 gal can at a time. A neighbor is now doing the same and he said he prefers it to going to a marina pump. He says I’m in town anyway, I just pick up 10 gallons at a time. The bonus is it saves 7 to 10 bucks each time.

Reactions: GMM
I encountered one of the marina restaurants tacking on a 3% concession fee, even if you paid cash. The server couldn't explain what the fee was for. No such fee at the gas pumps though.
Probably just another local “tax” that are charged to concessionaires.

I use same pump. 3:18 to pump 5 gal. Easy peasy. Good to hear pump has some longevity to it.

I have one as well, but it only lasted a couple of seasons before the flexible tube sprang a leak. Worked great otherwise!

I use a super siphon. I'm not using anything that "could" spark while fueing .

I use a super siphon as well. A 3/4 one sucks 5 gallons out in a little over a minute. A 1/2 takes around 3 minutes, I think.

Been running "pump gas" with 10% ethanol since 2011 in the Benny and all my boats that have motors that date back to 1996 with no issues (knock on wood). I put a can of seafoam in every fill up so not sure if it really helps, but have never had a fuel problem yet

Been running "pump gas" with 10% ethanol since 2011 in the Benny and all my boats that have motors that date back to 1996 with no issues (knock on wood). I put a can of seafoam in every fill up so not sure if it really helps, but have never had a fuel problem yet
Agree....I've been using pump gas in my boats since 2000. I use four 5 gallon cans and the rattle siphon tube, I add seafoam in the tank over the winter only. I've had no isssues, I do install a yamaha 10 micron fuel filter on all my boats.

Back