Gate Glide Feedback

DiamondDave952

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting the gate glide for my 2021 22SSBX to keep the bow and side gates open when docking. Wondering what other experiences are with Bennington's gate glide. Are they easy to use? Thanks!

Plus 1

Can your dealer order ,and you do the install ?

Can your dealer order ,and you do the install ?

likely... haven't contacted them yet, but figured I wanted to understand the "markup" they may be charging. My boat is coming out of the water and getting winterized and stored by the dealer in about a month, so I may just add it to the list of things to "do"...

The one I added on my order last year for my Bow Gate was a $14 option .Im sure it has gone up some .

We have them on our 2022 SX. Love them. Our friend who has the same boat in a 2019 model said he ordered them when he saw ours, from Captain’s Choice marine in Columbia SC.

I am thinking about getting the gate glide for my 2021 22SSBX to keep the bow and side gates open when docking. Wondering what other experiences are with Bennington's gate glide. Are they easy to use? Thanks!
Gate Glide? What is it googled and can't find a pic.

Make sure that your dealer knows the Gate Glide is actually two pieces. One piece is the black, white or gray piece that mounts to the deck. The second piece mounts to the inside of the gate and engages the colored piece to lock it open. Neither myself or my dealer were aware of this last spring when I asked them to put these on my boat. It took a while but they finally got it right. I have no idea why Bennington sells only the colored piece separately instead of only as one portion of a complete set. Could they possibly wear out over time? BTW, the Gate Glides work great!

Just picked up a set of gate glides (plastic piece, aluminum piece for the gate and stainless steel screws) for my Benny and forgot to ask how they are installed. Look pretty self explanatory but the thought of drilling holes in my floor board and gate kind of freaks me out. Can someone please post picture of how the plastic piece is installed. I see the picture above but not sure where the flanges go. Do they get tucked somewhere or how you do you keep the piece from freely rotating since it's held down by a single screw? Appreciate the any feedback - Thanks! IMG-6519.jpg

Looks like a nice feature for sure, but I just use a rubber wedge door stop to keep my gates open. Especially the gate in between the rear loungers while we are at the sandbar. Lift gate up, slide in wedge and call it good.
shepherd-door-stops-9132-c3_600.jpg

1682649829205.jpeg

Looks like a nice feature for sure, but I just use a rubber wedge door stop to keep my gates open. Especially the gate in between the rear loungers while we are at the sandbar. Lift gate up, slide in wedge and call it good.
shepherd-door-stops-9132-c3_600.jpg

View attachment 34173
That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Just picked up a set of gate glides (plastic piece, aluminum piece for the gate and stainless steel screws) for my Benny and forgot to ask how they are installed. Look pretty self explanatory but the thought of drilling holes in my floor board and gate kind of freaks me out. Can someone please post picture of how the plastic piece is installed. I see the picture above but not sure where the flanges go. Do they get tucked somewhere or how you do you keep the piece from freely rotating since it's held down by a single screw? Appreciate the any feedback - Thanks! View attachment 34172

I did not see a response to your question about install, did you get yours installed correctly? If so, can you post pictures? Dealer just sent my mine, but did not send the piece that goes on the bottom of the gate or any of the mounting hardware or screws.

I did not see a response to your question about install, did you get yours installed correctly? If so, can you post pictures? Dealer just sent my mine, but did not send the piece that goes on the bottom of the gate or any of the mounting hardware or screws.
I haven't installed mine yet. But when I do, I will take a few pictures. Pontoon is still in storage. I would talk to the dealer since you didn't get all the parts and hardware. My set came with the plastic ramp piece, aluminum piece that goes under the gate and stainless steel mounting hardware.

Back