Glacier White upholstry

Todd & Amanda

Reaction score
The wife and I really like the looks of the Glacier White upholstery but we are concerned as to how hard it will be to keep it looking bright white and avoid staining. Also from sitting in a few boats we feel like the white upholstery doesn't have the same feel as the other colors, are we correct?

I have no clue with regard to either question, but I will say that I had white upholstery on my previous boat (Four Winns) and when I sold it ten years later it looked almost as good as the day we bought it. However, it was stored inside unless we were using it, so it wasn't subject to damp conditions. We also kept a good coat of 303 on it throughout the season. 

Anyone on here with the glacier white that can chime in?

Were all the boats you were sitting in have the new Simtex vinyl or were some the regular vinyl? It is a different look and feel. 

I saw the new fabric at a boat show recently. Felt more like a cross between vinyl and canvas. Rough, cross hatched pattern like canvas has. Trapping dirt immediately came to mind since it has a rough texture to it.  Dealer insisted dirt didn't stick (of course).  I'd have to see that to believe it.  Is that the Simtex?

Were all the boats you were sitting in have the new Simtex vinyl or were some the regular vinyl? It is a different look and feel. 

They all had the new material. Idk if we are going to like it as much as the soft touch but there's no other option. Kaydano deacribes it pretty good it has kind of a canvas feel to it. 

I had same feeling till I checked it out and discussed with rep at show. I think it's more of a mental thing as we are reluctant to change. But I noticed, ALL the high end boats used same or similar material. I'm talking big $$$$ so it must be good!

No idea how true this is as we did not order our new Bennington with the glacier white interior.  I know on friends boats over the years, the ones that had various versions of a white interior usually had some discoloration over time: just dirt, spills, sprays, etc...  Nothing major, but enough for us to not consider going in that direction.

The down side of that bias is that the glacier white with certain color combination Bennington's is an amazing look. It can really look plush, or nautical, or even sporty, depending on the color combinations around it.

Probably not very helpful to your decision making process, but I wish you luck in making a good choice.

Our last bowrider had white and blue interior, when clean it looked great! When we sold the boat it looked as good as the day I picked it up (9 years). I had a lot more time back then before kids, wife etc.... The older I get the less time I have for that stuff, if you're anal get white, if your time is limited you have a much better chance with the darker color. Just my 2 cents!

Not hard to keep clean really. Mine looks brand new after a year and a half. Don't let that deter you from getting the look you want 

That's kind of the conclusion we have come to. We keep searching the Internet looking at color combinations and there's just nothing we like the looks of better. We love the new driftwood but it just doesn't have the same look to it as the white with the exterior colors we really like. Glad to hear yours looks good after some use. 

That's kind of the conclusion we have come to. We keep searching the Internet looking at color combinations and there's just nothing we like the looks of better. We love the new driftwood but it just doesn't have the same look to it as the white with the exterior colors we really like. Glad to hear yours looks good after some use. 

Agree Todd.  I went this direction as well.  Just too good looking not to order:)

The wife and I really like the looks of the Glacier White upholstery but we are concerned as to how hard it will be to keep it looking bright white and avoid staining. Also from sitting in a few boats we feel like the white upholstery doesn't have the same feel as the other colors, are we correct?
Not hard to keep clean really. Mine looks brand new after a year and a half. Don't let that deter you from getting the look you want
How does it looks now after a couple more years?

Back