gold and silver purchase

One other thing. Sucks us young guys have to clean up the mess you older gentlemen left left us....... :p  Enjoy my social security contributi

Remember how fortunate you are to have a 401 k started at such a young age 

Some of the old timers here had measly pensions which were taken away from them 

Many more like Civil Servants will see their pensions vanish very soon 

I think on retirement issues only 

The young people of today will have their 401k's and can count on them to survive

Back in the day , when 401ks first began a foreman or supervisor would walk up to you and ask

So where do u want your money to go 

You were on the job and never heard of a mutual fund but, had to make a decision based on nothing 

Today a more educated , more secure option is the 401 k 

People who watch the market will always do well

Maybe not millionaires but unlike the pension the 401k will be there when u retire

Retirement-401k.jpg

Young people may not have Social Security or a pension

But 

If they start young and, are committed to saving

They will easily accumulate 7 figures in a lifetime 

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember how fortunate you are to have a 401 k started at such a young age 

Some of the old timers here had measly pensions which were taken away from them 

Many more like Civil Servants will see their pensions vanish very soon 

I think on retirement issues only 

The young people of today will have their 401k's and can count on them to survive

Back in the day , when 401ks first began a foreman or supervisor would walk up to you and ask

So where do u want your money to go 

You were on the job and never heard of a mutual fund but, had to make a decision based on nothing 

Today a more educated , more secure option is the 401 k 

People who watch the market will always do well

Maybe not millionaires but unlike the pension they will be there when u retire

Retirement-401k.jpg

Young people may not have Social Security or a pension

But 

If they start young and, are committed to saving

They will easily accumulate 7 figures in a lifetime 
Well Said, Chuck 

I've bee saving for a while! I had dinner with a buddy tonight and we were talking retirement. He is older than me and said it is crazy how fast retirement can sneak up on you. I plan to retire early and move to lake Norman with Carl, Daril and Chas!

Steve, we are in exactly the same place age and work tenure-wise. It will be there for us. But our kids? I don't see it happening.
I do agree with you, the way the rules change by the stroke of a pen you have to wonder.

Steve

I do agree with you, the way the rules change by the stroke of a pen you have to wonder.

Steve
There are already gubmint clowns eying those of us who've diligently socked it away in 401k's so we don't have to rely on them. The trial balloon to tax 529 earnings came up just last week ...

There are already gubmint clowns eying those of us who've diligently socked it away in 401k's so we don't have to rely on them. The trial balloon to tax 529 earnings came up just last week ...
And one person would be exempt, grandfathered in......

Steve

Let's keep this fun and somewhat boating-related, guys. If we stray too far into forbidden territory, I'll have to poof this.

OK?

I thought this was America?

We did all invest in aluminum. Not sure how much weight is in our benningtonmarine boats but that should bring us back on topic.

I am waiting to see if the insurance co ,wants my old toon .Dealer doesn't .As of 1/28/15, 84 cents a pound 

Let's keep this fun and somewhat boating-related, guys. If we stray too far into forbidden territory, I'll have to poof this.

OK?
Oops, sorry. Bad winter mood here.

Hey All,

Thanks for the input. I have a stock of the brass/lead and some of the old 90% silver coins. I may watch the market for the small gold coins. The old silver and the brass/lead will make good trading stock if it comes to that. Who knows what the gubmit will want to regulate next, maybe the aluminum market!!

Take care all, see you on the water!!

Marc

OK?
Isn't this dock talk? And what did the original post have to do with boating?

Just curious......

Steve

Just curious......

Steve

Just curious......

Steve
We were moving onto that slippery slope of politics. And that never ends well..... ;-)

Got it.... Thx

Steve

Go online and find a Money forum, such as the ClarkHoward.com Community Message Boards. You'll find a wealth of information from folks facing exactly the same thoughts as you to help you make an informed decision. Good luck : )

oh yeah "boating"?? earning dividends helped us to buy our boat!

Well Said, Chuck
Real truth• Workers younger than 35 have an average of $6,000 in savings

• Individuals between 35 and 44 have about $22,500

• Workers between the ages of 45 and 54 have slightly less than $44,000

• Those aged 55 and 64 (the baby boomers), have saved around $65,000

• People over the age of 65 have about $56,000

- See more at: http://www.averageretirementsavingsguide.com/#sthash.BtsDbuED.dpuf

Pensions being allowed to bankrupted without true government oversight was as unlawful as any ponzu scheme in history. Anybody ever watch WallStreet?

My dad busted his butt driving two hours a day, worked 16hrs 5-7 days a week. Rat face Emmit Boyle and our friends at nafta allowed loop holes to bankrupt the plant and moved its pieces over to Mexico. His pension which was part of his compensation. Gone. Atleast he saved in some in his 401k also. His friends were not as lucky.

Some were forced to go bankrupt  by"The Government "

Real truth
• Workers younger than 35 have an average of $6,000 in savings
• Individuals between 35 and 44 have about $22,500
• Workers between the ages of 45 and 54 have slightly less than $44,000
• Those aged 55 and 64 (the baby boomers), have saved around $65,000
• People over the age of 65 have about $56,000

- See more at: http://www.averageretirementsavingsguide.com/#sthash.BtsDbuED.dpuf

Pensions being allowed to bankrupted by government was as unlawful as any scheme in history. My dad busted his butt driving two hours a day, worked 16 5-7 days a week. Rat face Emmit Boyle and our friends at nafta allowed loop holes to bankrupt the plant and moved it over to Mexico. His pension which was part of his compensation. Gone. Atleast he saved in his 401k also. His friends were not as lucky.

Back