Gonna be a hot one today! Taking brother kids out in a bit

Dr. Evil

Reaction score
Wish me luck. Its going to be 95* today with what I assume will be our normal humidity. Maybe not Florida humidity but close.

I finally got around to asking my brother if he and his family wanted to go out on the boat. The reason I may need luck isn't the heat, I've spent time in the deserts of Iraq, I'm good.

My brother and his (3rd) wife are bringing their 4 kids with them. I'm sure y'all can use your imagination. Two 7y/o twin girls, a 9 y/o boy and an 11 y/o girl. I've had the older boy and girl out before individually and they loved it. My 8 y/o son likes having someone else out there to swim, tube and play with. The problem is getting them all in one place is like a nuclear reaction.

I told my wife just a minute ago and she laughed and asked if my life insurance was paid up. She said she is glad she is at work today and will miss this.

To recap: I'll have 5 kids ages 11, 9, 8, 7, 7.  and 3 adults.

I'll try to check in afterwards...   :unsure:

NOTE: safety is my #1 concern. I have life jackets, am a qualified EMT and a former qualified SAR swimmer.

You'll be fine! Have a great day!!!!!!!! Hope you have a full tank.........looks like a lotta tubing today!

If everything goes right, it will be like having 8 kids out today !!!!  :D

Whew, I survived. :blink:   

Also, I didn't know till today but the two twin girls had never been on a boat before. Ever. :(

Now they have :)

Lots of tubing, swimming and jumping in from the cliffs.

Pics to follow.

THAT is why we bought a boat! Awesome story. Sounds like a first for you as well, in a good way.

Let me guess... Third wife told your brother to buy a boat. They are probably discussing that right now...

Kay, I don't know if they discussed it or not but they really should have other priorities right now if you know what I mean. ;)

Till then I don't mind making sure the kids get a break to relax and have fun. The adults too.

Tried to load some pics but they're too big. I'm sure everyonehere knows what water looks like by now anyways.

Having family and friends on the boat is a rewarding, but stressful event at times. Our 11 year old nephew was over and thought the bow gate opened to the outside. Luckily I stopped him before any damgae was done. Hopefully you can get those pictures up as we can never get enough water!

Back