Good Bye 2016

jsur

Reaction score
So my ultra long Wisconsin boating season has come to an end (June-September).  Had the boat pulled today to close the season.  Too many sporting activities for the kids over the next month to leave it in any longer as it would just sit there.  Of note, I have lost 11-12 mph off my top speed simply by leaving the boat in the water.  Interestingly, most of the loss was in the last month.  I think the lake peaked just shy of 80 F water temp this year but it's at 74 F now.  Crazy how much the growth can slow you down.  Until 2017!!

Bummer. Yeah we scrub our toons every couple weeks down here. Last week was probably the last time. Waters cooling off. We have a month yet, then it's probably that time here. 

We got a letter in the mail the other day advising they are lowering the water level of our lake starting September 21st so ours will be coming out very soon. I'm not going to winterize it just yet though as there are numerous other lakes I can still see. 

Wont be much longer for us either as our lake is also much lower than normal.  I will probably pull the boat in 2 weeks and then leave the seadoos in another week or two :(

We may well have had our last outing over Labor Day. Although the temps are supposed to remain normal to slightly above, the chances of it happening on a weekend are probably not great. However, just called the dealer and the next two weekends are booked so it looks like she'll be in the water at least until the beginning of October.

Of note, I have lost 11-12 mph off my top speed simply by leaving the boat in the water.  Interestingly, most of the loss was in the last month.  I think the lake peaked just shy of 80 F water temp this year but it's at 74 F now.  Crazy how much the growth can slow you down. 

Thankfully, algae growth has really not been as big a deal as I thought it might be, at least based upon what others on this forum have described.

I cleaned all three toons (inside and out) almost every weekend we used the boat, but there really didn't seem to be much of a build up, even over a two week period of inactivity. As such, I never noticed a reduction in speed. 

While our lake is not the prettiest to look at, thanks to installing a sewer system back in the early 1970's, it remains one of the cleanest from a water quality standpoint. 

Just got the boat back after it being in the shop for a week. My wife and I took it out on another 90 degree day and we got in and floated around for a bit. A Wednesday afternoon on Lake Norman meant we pretty much had the lake to ourselves except for the bass fishermen. We hope to boat into October this year........

Sorry all,  I'm sitting in my Benny right now, water is 79, air is 83, not a bad September day in OH.  Making some videos to stream to the big screen when im jonesing this winter.  We will do one fall leaf trip if nature aligns, chances are this is the last one with swimming. 

Being we are in Florida, I'll just keep our future boating plans quiet so as to not antagonize any of our Northern Boating Brothers. :p

We are just getting started and enjoyed a beautiful day on the Dora Canal here in FL

Back