Grills

I keep mine stowed and just set it up and take it down. The grill, pedestal, gas canisters, and tools fit great under the helm in the Magma grill bag.

I keep mine stowed and just set it up and take it down. The grill, pedestal, gas canisters, and tools fit great under the helm in the Magma grill bag.
+1

Oh yeah, you're going to love it. Post some pics when you've got it up and running.

Nice!!
I just placed my order today. Thanks for making my wallet lighter :confused:

Does anybody know why some Magma grills are called grills and some say combination grill/stove? I can't see any really major differences between them.

Not sure. With the large one I got, it’s listed as combination. You can remove the cooking grate, and put pots and pans directly on the reflector ring. Maybe that has something to do with it. BTW, I ordered the Magma cover for it, today, in jet black.

Yeah, it's not really clear in description what separates them.
I looked at the cover too but I added the storage case when I bought the grill and mount and had to draw the line somewhere. Lol.
I thought I'd leave the cover for hopefully a b'day or xmas gift if I send out enough shameless hints :)

You probably made the right decision with the case over the cover. I’m certainly not going to leave my grill mounted all the time (theft issues), so I’ll probably be getting the case soon. Father’s Day coming up!

got a cruisane art propane grill last year that that mounts to the side rails and works good. Only leave on rail when anchored or at sandbar. Grease isn't that bad on little propane grils

Got my grill mounted today. Sure does look small on the boat. It’s the largest kettle at 17”, though. I guess the 15" would have looked like a Bunsen burner. The edge of the grill is 1.5” away from the tow bar, and 11.5” away from the side if the motor cowl. And it’s mounted so that all of it is off of the deck. My wife already asked what I was going to cook on it tonight for breaking in.

6EC1AE86-9265-4F71-8974-38E4CD695477.jpeg 88B946CB-A8EE-4DB8-90FA-C4116DC5402E.jpeg 03B58C48-907C-409C-9DE3-0746B40323B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great!! Thanks again for the idea! I think I'm going to pack a foldable chair to place on the rear deck while cooking.

If you noticed, I purchased an adapter hose in order to have the ability to use the 5 gal propane tank rather than the little disposable tanks. I hate changing any tanks during a grilling. Now, I just need ideas on how/where to temporarily attach the tank. Any ideas? I'm thinking about strapping it the ladder, between the hand rails, while cooking. And, of course, I'd use something under the metal base of the tank.

6175D990-0169-489E-AF55-E92B8FF6D00B.png If your using a 20lb propane tank I’d probably just put it in a plastic milk crate (they fit perfectly) for stability and just leave it on the deck.

Last edited:
Absolutely perfect! I forgot about those. I have my tank painted jet black to match my boat. I'll find one of those and add a matching color to it, as well.
I could add two very small eye bolts to the bottom brace of the playpen, and use bungees to temp secure it when it's on the boat. Thanks!

No problem. I’m sure that I’ve seen black ones around. If you go to a grocery store they’d likely just give you one. You could then bungee strap the crate to the ladder or far side of the tow bar if the water is rough.
Also, I’d be careful not to overfill your propane tank if it’s black as it’ll absorb a lot more heat from the sun and will be more likely to over pressure. If it does you’ll have propane spewing out of the pressure relief valve which could be an issue if it’s pointed at a surface that could be damaged (painted panel) or if there’s a potential ignition source nearby. Just a thought.

[QUOTE="My wife already asked what I was going to cook on it tonight for breaking in.
[/QUOTE]
Are you taking the boat out or just going to cook in the yard? :)

It'll be in the yard, if I do at all. We have some unsettling weather this week. 50% change of rain and thunderstorms through the "long weekend". That gulf disturbance is threatening us, too. Might have a chance to take it out on Saturday.

Weather.jpg

Back