Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Eric!

You're older.

You're wiser.

You're sophisticated.

You're far too mature to be concerned with material things, like presents.

Y'all remember Willard Scott? Fat weatherman who had a fetish for 100 year old people...?

I remember him interviewing this curmudgeonly old man type on his hundredth birthday, while the old guy sat there smoking a cigar and drinking a beer.

Willard asked him something to the effect of; "To what do your attribute your long life?".

The old guy looked at him like he was an idiot and said; "NOT DYING".

That man has been my hero ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Y'all remember Willard Scott? Fat weatherman who had a fetish for 100 year old people...?

I remember him interviewing this curmudgeonly old man type on his hundredth birthday, while the old guy sat there smoking a cigar and drinking a beer.

Willard asked him something to the effect of; "To what do your attribute your long life?".

The old guy looked at him like he was an idiot and said; "NOT DYING".

That man has been my hero ever since.
:D :D :D :D

Haha, I heard it very similar, it was asked "Do you have any tricks or secrets to help people live a long life?" the response was "keep breathing I suppose." gotta love those old people!

Reminds me of a funny story about my grandpa, when it I was quite young we were visiting them, and my grandpa had a dish of candy on the table. So I was always told to be polite and ask for things before you just take them. So I asked my grandpa if I could have a candy? His response was "tomorrow. " so I asked him again the next day if I could have a candy? He asked me if it was tomorrow, I said well no it is today, but you said yesterday that I could have one today. To which the smart old bugger said no, I told you tomorrow, and tomorrow never comes. Come to think of it, he wasn't smart, just cheap with his candy!!!! Haha, miss the old bugger though.

In my haste to get off to the big city for Dr's appointments, I missed this one. Dang it. Anyway, a belated Happy Birthday to you Eric. I hope it was a good one.

andy

Thanks y'all.

Happy birthday, Eric! I think we've all benefited greatly from your contributions on this forum.

Careful now... I still have to fit my head through my front door. B)

Back