has anyone added a power bimini top?

Freeride

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has added a power top? I was hoping to keep my current top and just add the power base for raising and lowering. we have to go under a very low bridge every time we use our boat. I should of researched it more when I ordered the boat because the salesman say benningtons power top does not lay all the way down which I would need for clearance

TomS ?!?

Yes, I have it factory installed and love it.  Effortless.  Beats climbing over furniture.  I would do it again.  :)    Gerry

I would kill for a power bimini now. Too bad it is not an S option. Now I will have to re order again!!!

I would kill for a power bimini now. Too bad it is not an S option. Now I will have to re order again!!!
Scary part is, this is probably true .... :)

I keep my boats for 2.5 DC's (Derrick Cycle) so I still have about 25 hours left on this one!

But back on the power bimini-what is the mechanism that raises the supports, gear driven? Curious on reliability.

I keep my boats for 2.5 DC's (Derrick Cycle) so I still have about 25 hours left on this one!

But back on the power bimini-what is the mechanism that raises the supports, gear driven? Curious on reliability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amolQmSNen8

About $900 to buy one from pontoonstuff.com and there is a discount code available on another forum

http://www.pontoonstuff.com/collections/pontoon-boat-bimini-tops/products/electric-power-pontoon-boat-tops-fits-8-or-8-1-2-w-pontoons

Bennington does use a special reinforcing bracket for the actuators though.

I love the functionality but I like the look of mine better than that one.

Are boat came with the power top. I learned if you lower it when the support legs  folded up it will touch the drivers side lounger and rip it .The only time we un fold the bimini is when it rains so we run with it folded up in the upper postion there is no support legs in this position .We were running in some big water last weekend 3 to 4 footers it was flexing the fenceing a ton had two stop and lower it for fear something would  break . Other than that we luv it 

I was more looking at keeping my current top and adding the power lifter. i am just looking for something to lift it and i will unfold the top and use the original supports once the top is lifted.

Well, I got this installed last night- works great! Overton's had them on sale for $1400 shipped. Install was pretty straight forward, The wiring will determine how long it takes. I did this by myself at the dock, and it was 5 hours all in. I opted to hide 100% of the wiring inside the rails, and table leg of my dinette. Got incredibly lucky and snagged wire with fiberglass rod under boat on first try! Replaced livewell switch with a DPDT rocker. I used the hot lead coming off the breaker right below switch, and it trips instead of the supplied thermal breaker, so I need to bypass that. Kit came with a remote, but I opted not to use it, as the remote control is essentially a latched switch, and once you push the button, it will run till the breaker trips.

Back