Have You Looked at Non Ethanol Price Today ?

Now I'm pissed. Went to our local station to get a biscuit minutes ago, and regular gas was down to $4.09. Diesel is $5.69. Non ethanol is now $5.89. We can't win.
Here in Alabama it’s $6.49 at the marina and $4.99 on the street. Not too far from me is a junk yard for tractor trailers. Going to convert one of the big fuel tanks to a gas hauler and the local BP distributor says he’ll sell me non ethanol at wholesale next summer as long as I pay for 500 gal at a time… might work out.

One more thing...... All you guys changing out your HVAC units. What brand did you all go with and why?!? When we had our house built I wanted a Trane system. But several HVAC guys/friends I know told me that alot of the systems use the same parts, capacitors, compressors, etc. So the parity between the systems are pretty even. With that being said we went with Goodman when we had our house built. (Our Goodman 2 zone HVAC units lasted 20 and 16 yrs. in VA.) So we will see how it does here in NC.....
My preferred dealer only does American Standard, which is the same as Trane. Goodman has a reputation for good warranties, low maintenance, and being cheaper. Also for being less efficient and louder. My dealer uses AS, because they can get them and the parts. The warranty is good, too. They have a lot of options. They are not the cheapest. But like buying our boat, the dealer was top priority, and that's why we bought it. They service everything in the area where we live with no questions asked, and I have always been able to get them right away. I paid about $1500 more for a minisplit in my garage just because of their service. Minisplits are so awesome. They are installing about 3 a week in homes now. Very quiet, very efficient, and cheap to operate, but they are not for every home. In my garage, the dog stays nice and cool with one. In fact, we couldn't get her to go outside this morning. Ha !

Here in Alabama it’s $6.49 at the marina and $4.99 on the street. Not too far from me is a junk yard for tractor trailers. Going to convert one of the big fuel tanks to a gas hauler and the local BP distributor says he’ll sell me non ethanol at wholesale next summer as long as I pay for 500 gal at a time… might work out.
It would be my luck that it would go down to $2 if I bought a 500 gallon tank full. Lol

But you guys have Wegmans!!! We never bought groceries there. We just went there to eat! Ha!

Wegmans is overpriced, but they do have some good items from the NY area you can't anywhere else. One is the Babka from Green's Bakery.

I know the Seinfeld lovers here will chuckle but the Babka really is fantastic!

Wegmans is overpriced, but they do have some good items from the NY area you can't anywhere else. One is the Babka from Green's Bakery.

I know the Seinfeld lovers here will chuckle but the Babka really is fantastic!
Oh yeah Wegmans is over priced but the food is so good to go in there and eat! We used to tear the one up in Fredericksburg! They had an Asian bar that was really good not to mention the subs and pizza! Ha! Hungry now!

One more thing...... All you guys changing out your HVAC units. What brand did you all go with and why?!? When we had our house built I wanted a Trane system. But several HVAC guys/friends I know told me that alot of the systems use the same parts, capacitors, compressors, etc. So the parity between the systems are pretty even. With that being said we went with Goodman when we had our house built. (Our Goodman 2 zone HVAC units lasted 20 and 16 yrs. in VA.) So we will see how it does here in NC.....
I got the same advice and also went with the Goodman.

My season is officially over as of today. Texas droughts, have less than 2’ in slip and getting lower by the day. Battery tenders going on, tanks drained, will wash throughout the summer before putting cover on in fall for good.

I would pay $20 a gallon for fuel right now if I could. Could be worse gentlemen. Could be way worse.

My season is officially over as of today. Texas droughts, have less than 2’ in slip and getting lower by the day. Battery tenders going on, tanks drained, will wash throughout the summer before putting cover on in fall for good.

I would pay $20 a gallon for fuel right now if I could. Could be worse gentlemen. Could be way worse.
Good perspective.

What a tales of two seasons, here in west central Minnesota. Last summer we took our outboard boat out of the lake the third week in July, due to very low lake levels. As luck would have it damaged the prop on trip to the landing. Had to crank the boat (17' Glastron, Yamaha 150HP OX66) onto the bunk trailer, as I couldn't get the vehicle and trailer far enough into the lake to float it on. We bought a new Bennie last year, and luckily decided to go Ultra Legs instead of lift.

Fast forward to this summer, and our lake level is the highest I've ever seen it. Of course, 5" of rain in a 24 hr. period two weeks ago certainly is helping levels stay up. Had to modify our dock, to get the SVSR close enough to shore for the Ultra Legs to get the pontoon high enough out of the water.

I'll give a thumbs up to Goodman A/C. We have a Carrier forced air furnace, and had our very old Sears A/C crap out on us two days before our younger daughter's high school grad party, 17 years ago. Our dealer said he could put in a Carrier, but suggested the Goodman. I get it serviced yearly (they're coming Wednesday morning), and it does a great job of cooling our 2400sf home.

Re gas prices, I can't speak to dock prices, as I buy by the 6 gal. can, and add Startron and Ring Free Plus. A 6 gal. Sure Can has certainly made the filling process less strenuous. Right now we're paying $4.69/gal. for unleaded 87 octane.

Oh man maybe a good storm system/s will roll through Texas and replenish enough water so you can put your boat back in and finish up the season! When do you normally take your boat out?!?

I filled my tank at the marina a few hours ago at $5.64 per gallon. Didn't sound too bad until I realized the fill up cost me over $155. o_O

I filled my tank at the marina a few hours ago at $5.64 per gallon. Didn't sound too bad until I realized the fill up cost me over $155. o_O
That's about what it cost me if the tank is half full when I start. Lol

Yes my tank was about half full when I filled up.

Oh man maybe a good storm system/s will roll through Texas and replenish enough water so you can put your boat back in and finish up the season! When do you normally take your boat out?!?
Boat stays on the lift year round, so the season "ends" normally late October when it gets a little chilly. Dallas has had 34 days now of no measurable rain and the 100+ degree temps each day is just eating up the water through evaporation. But yes, would love some water to be dumped to take it out again, sadly no rain in the 10 day forecast, just more 100 degree days. Oh well, that's life

Boat stays on the lift year round, so the season "ends" normally late October when it gets a little chilly. Dallas has had 34 days now of no measurable rain and the 100+ degree temps each day is just eating up the water through evaporation. But yes, would love some water to be dumped to take it out again, sadly no rain in the 10 day forecast, just more 100 degree days. Oh well, that's life
Spent a lot of time in Richardson teaching, and I remember those long hot and dry periods. Also remember springs there looking off the hotel balcony at multiple tornadoes in my view off in the distance. I'll choose the heat. Lol

After our 90+ degree days we've been lucky to get afternoon thunderstorms to keep the lake replenished. We just had a good storm system go through this past Sunday. The water level went up a good 12 inches. We usually keep the skeg on the outdrive about a foot over the water on the lift. When we used the boat today the skeg was just above the water.

Just filled a 5 gallon can for my lawn equipment with E free fuel. It was $4.99 a couple weeks ago. E free on the lake is $6.79.IMG_20220713_135817992.jpg

Really ? It's $5.79 today at our closest store. But it's 90 octane. Higher than diesel.
This was at our local QuikTrip....

Filled the boat up today. It was about an 1/8 of a tank. (Can't believe we let it get that low) E free 91 octane. Almost took 32 gallons and was $200 on the nose. + Tip of course!

Back