HELP! 2004 2575 RFS Takes on water in Engine Compartment!?!?!? HELP!

Okay I still don't understand................because that access hole was cut into the shield for the fuel tank the water is getting through. Where and how?!?

Also I didn't realize the water was coming in like that! That's a serious breach! I would take it somewhere that has dealt with this problem before and have it professionally sealed once and for all!

The wave shielding was tight.  I'm sure it's the openings directly in front of the engine compartment.  The silicone I placed over these openings was blasted out during my last test on the water.  The duct tape remained in place.  SemperFi, I agree with you I need some heavy duty tape.  I'll be in the market for some to cover these openings before my next test on the water.  I had trouble uploading photos to this post so I created a gallery to illustrate.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/gallery/album/603-2575frs/

Just checked my email.  Bennington sent me this note from their engineering department:

"[SIZE=11pt]The boat is missing some aluminum angle pieces back by motor pod.  We have seen this problem before. Being a 2004 boat I would bet it does not have these pieces on it. Will get parts around today so you can send them to him, maybe some pictures too. Very easy install, just a few pop rivets."[/SIZE]

WOW! 10 year old boat and Bennington comes through again.

As Carl suggests, it is quite amazing how Bennington dealt with this situation. This was only brought to their attention a couple days ago. Maybe even just yesterday. You'd never see an auto manufacturer do that! They would laugh at you if you went to them with a problem on a 10 year old car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team Bennington!!!!!!!

I actually noticed that the other day that I saw another toon with "shields" at the pod, and wanted to look at yours again cause I did not remember if you had a pic from underneath showing the shields ..... That's great news and again, Bennington steps up ... :)

Glad to hear there was a resolution! That was some water coming in. Wow!

I couldn't be happier with not only Bennington's customer service but with this community as well.  Thank you to all of you for your help troubleshooting this issue.   :)

Thank YOU for coming back and letting us know the final result. We all learn that way.

Not everyone comes back to post their solution. Someday someone else will have this issue and your thread will help them solve it, so thanks for "giving back" to this forum!

I have the exact same issue on a 2007 2275 rl I/o, and looking for details on the fix.

There was a video posted (http://youtu.be/z-UQH9Y-tUk) and is not longer available. 

How can I get a copy of this video?  And does anyone have details (pictures) on the parts from Bennington to correct the problem.

Thanks,

View attachment 865

I finally found where the water is entering. Here is a video:

Also there is an access hole cut in the shield for the fuel tank that allows water to enter.

View attachment 866

I will be siliconing the channels along the top sides of the compartment along with a cover on the top of the fuel tank shield. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
I would like to see your video i may have same problem. Also how was it repaired?

Just checked my email. Bennington sent me this note from their engineering department:

"[SIZE=11pt]The boat is missing some aluminum angle pieces back by motor pod. We have seen this problem before. Being a 2004 boat I would bet it does not have these pieces on it. Will get parts around today so you can send them to him, maybe some pictures too. Very easy install, just a few pop rivets."[/SIZE]
Anyway I can get that video? Mine is also experiencing the same issue. Maybe a before and after pic as well? The video wont play.

Anyway I can get that video? Mine is also experiencing the same issue. Maybe a before and after pic as well? The video wont play.
Sorry to say, their comments/video were from 2014, and they haven’t logged into the forum since 2017. They probably will not see your post/request.

Back