Help me spend my money!

Ilovegt100

Reaction score
Hiya!

Noobie has narrowed down choice to local dealer with demo 2015 2572 qcw versus new 2150rl for about the same price. I plan to boat on Potomac river outside dc and unsure if I should go for new perfectly spec'd double Bimini smaller 22ft boat with Yamaha 175 esp or fully loaded 25 with 300 esp but demo and sport arch single Bimini. I love the look of the 2572 but I have never driven or previously considered a boat this big. All my experience was renting Bennington pontoon and tritoons 18-20 ft without esp or sps with 50-115hp on man made deep creek lake. The kids like tubing but if I had more power I think we would like wake boarding. Any thoughts appreciated- TIA :)

Welcome , I would take Q for sure at the same price .

Didn't take long to decide, also a vote for the Q

Last edited by a moderator:
Q !!

No question get the Q.

Q

Thanks. I was worried about going from a 22ft to a 25ft boat but if the qcw is that much better then I guess I will have to just learn how to drive the dam thing. Pics, or it didn't happen, as long as the paperwork clears. Thanks for your input.

Don't sweat it.   You'll get used to the length in a very short period of time and be glad you went with the larger boat.

Didn't Link have a close call with his boat being too long for his dock association?  Maybe it was Jack or Pitt...  Doesn't matter, just something to consider.  Also consider garage length if you garage it.

And then get the Q anyway.

Yes it was me Kaydano, our association builds and maintains our dock system and it has 18 boats on it.   Before pontoons were as popular as they are now there was concern about bringing in heavy fiberglass boats therefore there ia a rule in the bylaws that says Title shows 24' or under and the total length may not exceed 27' from very front to end including the motor in the down position.  It really is going to hurt my available choices when the day comes when I want to upgrade

I was hit before we switched marinas

ummmmm........Q!

It would be hard to say no to the Q at the same price, but I would have to do just that since there are limits at the resort where the Bennie is slipped. So...bought a 22 foot boat and ended up quite happy. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Length of pontoons here are unlimited , but on speed boats etc 24' max

Congratulations 

Looking forward to the pics

Enjoy :)

Pittsburgh-Bicentennial-Feature.jpg

I have both sizes.  I have boated for multiple decades so I am used to boats.  Honestly, I never think about the size of the boat.  Also, the bigger boat has more HP so the boats seem to move about the same.  The size of the boat is really only an issues when docking or loading.  You will get used to the 25' and than never think about. 

Get The Q

Update ilovegt, did you close the deal?

They were waiting for my input..

Let me get this straight. You can get a 175 hp R or for about the same price as a 300 hp Q? What does the R have that the Q does not?

Why didn't I have this decision when I was buying?!?!? Get the Q unless there are tons of options on the R that you want.

Jared, the Q is used (albeit not very old since it's a 2015) while the R is new.  It does seem like a lot of depreciation.

Don't hesitate to the point someone grabs it on you, that Q sounds like a steal

Back