HELP, we need your opinions Which ( 2275GCW) do we buy?

Good point on The warranty issue. However, if the 2012 was a demo, the warranty should be like a new boat. When I bought mine, it was a demo and I received new bot warranty.

Good point on The warranty issue. However, if the 2012 was a demo, the warranty should be like a new boat. When I bought mine, it was a demo and I received new bot warranty.
And I believe Club members also get 2 extra years, so 7 years instead of 5 which is already great.

And I believe Club members also get 2 extra years, so 7 years instead of 5 which is already great.
Where did you hear that? Or just wishful thinking? Haha

Where did you hear that? Or just wishful thinking? Haha
All of the boats on display at the club event had a sticker on the front that said "7 Year Warranty". I asked and they said "yes, for Club members". So it promotes joining the Club!

Well that is very interesting, first I've heard of it. Is it something new they've done for 2013 or does my 2012 have 7 years as well? TB? It would be quite disappointing if being a fairly long time member, or at least active on the Site, that my 2012 wouldn't qualify since I really doubt they 'upped' their build quality between the 2012 and 2013. I know my dealer never mentioned anything to me.

Derrick

Here is a pic with the 7 year in red on the side of the boat. I think it's 2013 only but I could be wrong.

Bennington 7 year warranty.jpg

2013 Bennington warranty .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, just re ready your post about tubing and skiing. My 150 is OK to ski and tube, but you'll want power steering with a 200.

Todd
Thanks for the help, where did you get that slide off the back? Also how well does it work would you buy it again?

Well that is very interesting, first I've heard of it. Is it something new they've done for 2013 or does my 2012 have 7 years as well? TB? It would be quite disappointing if being a fairly long time member, or at least active on the Site, that my 2012 wouldn't qualify since I really doubt they 'upped' their build quality between the 2012 and 2013. I know my dealer never mentioned anything to me.

Derrick
Derrick,

The 7 yr warranty is only on the 2013 that was one of the upsides Ryan at Bennington told me when I called them about the 2 boats I was exploring. They just started for the 2013 models. It is 5 years for everything else.

Just as a note to some people talking about the extra weight of the 200, it is only 14 or 25lbs heavier than the 150(depending on model). The SHO is one of the lightest motors out there for its hp, 505lbs. That being said, I have the 2012 200 SHO and I hit 42mph with ESP and on an R series 2275. I could probably go faster if I re prop and lose a bit off the line, but it's plenty fast enough. The other nice thing is that the 200 is made to run on 87 octane fuel. It doesn't need or want premium, may burn a little more fuel, but at least it is the cheaper fuel. Sorry about the mix up in your first post you said before max pro, I hadn't heard of it so I thought maybe it was a 2 stroke. You will want the power steering, maybe you don't HAVE to have it, but you definitely WANT to have it. The only thing I'm torn on is the in floor storage. I love mine, I usually have 2 two person tubes, a wakeboard, kneeboard, dock bumpers, oars, fishing rod all tucked away in there, it's amazing! Now that is an ESP,so it would be a bit bigger, but I love it all the same.

Derrick
Derrick,

Thank you for your time and help in explaining thing so that a ROOKIE can understand things.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your help and thoughts, about buying this Boat. Ann and I think the BEST thing about buying a Bennington is, ALL of YOU. We are going to go with the 2012 with the bigger motor and have the Power Steering added. When we get the boat we will post pictures so everyone can see what they spent our money on. We look forward to being a part of the BENNINGTON FAMILY. The one thing we knew for sure is that regardless of which boat we went with Bennington was the best choice for us. Thank you to all of you for making that the easiest choice. This is a great community of people.

Derrick,

Thank you for your time and help in explaining thing so that a ROOKIE can understand things.
We were all rookies at some time! The greatest thing about this site is all the people willing to help out and answer whatever weird off the wall question you may have, because believe me, I ask a lot of them!! Haha I'm always learning new stuff on here, there are some VERY knowledgeable people on here.

Derrick

Want..

We bought the slide out of overtons. com. It works great. Very well made. Vinyl is very thick. We use it off the front or off the port gate side. Had it for 2 seasons and looks and works just like the day we pulled it out of the box.

Congrats on your new boat purchase

Todd

As an owner of a 2011 2250 GCW I am with Derrick, Get the 2012 with the 200. I have a 150 and it does very well but when I get my 60 gallons of fuel on with several people and gear it would be much happier with a 200. I can hit 38 with mine with only 2 people and less than half a tank of fuel.

For my money, I would get the newer model. I love my 2012 2275GCW w/150 HP Yama. Either way, you are going to be happy.

All 2013 models offer the 7 year warranty regardless if your a club member or not. my dealer was quite surprised by this change.

Back