Reaction score
IMG_4420_zpsoxqfma06.jpg

IMG_4422_zpsudtfy96n.jpg

IMG_4435_zpsbgba3qrt.jpg

IMG_4437_zpsdeelbdzs.jpg

IMG_4430_zpsthet5kuf.jpg

IMG_4429_zps6crs66i4.jpg

IMG_4434_zpsscw8xenr.jpg

That is a really gorgeous high-performance looking boat.  Very stylish with the sweeping lines.  Congratulations!

I know the questions are coming about the 350 so here's what I can tell you after a short ride yesterday. The boat had about 45 gallons of fuel with just us 2 on it hit 51 mph  briefly which is low compared to the other boats we test drove but.......

There's 2 issues that have to be addressed, first off the motor is mounted to low, it needs to come up 1-2 holes. Secondly I don't think the prop is exactly what the boat needs, it has a 15x15 enertia prop and its letting the motor turn 6550 rpm's with only 2 people on board. Later we had some friends and our daughter on board which was a total of 6 adults and still had 40 gallons of fuel and it turned 6450 rpm's and ran 49 mph.

Once I get a little more time on it I will get it back to the dealer and get some adjustments made but overall the motor is amazing, it's very quiet and very responsive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. Educate me. I have never had an outboard. How do you know the motor is too low and what does changing the height do? Thanks.

great boat!

Thats really nice, You all are set for the Season

I know the questions are coming about the 350 so here's what I can tell you after a short ride yesterday. The boat full of fuel with just us 2 on it hit 51 mph which is low compared to the other boats we test drove but.......

There's 2 issues that have to be addressed, first off the motor is mounted to low, it needs to come up 1-2 holes. Secondly I don't think the prop is exactly what the boat needs, it has a 15x15 enertia prop and its letting the motor turn 6550 rpm's with only 2 people on board. Later we had some friends and our daughter on board which was a total of 6 adults and still had 40 gallons of fuel and it turned 6450 rpm's and ran 49 mph.

Once I get a little more time on it I will get it back to the dealer and get some adjustments made but overall the motor is amazing, it's very quiet and very responsive.

That's a good starting point. I'd get to 20 hours before making a lot of changes, which is what they recommend on veradoclub.com. The nice thing is the Enertia comes in 1" increments so you can dial it in for exactly what you want. I'd think there is 4-5 more mph there with the right setup. My 250 Pro is mounted 2 holes up, with an 18 pitch Enertia, no blow out issues at all. Top end is ~51 @6250, lightly loaded.

Beautiful boat!! I bet that 350 is responsive. Good luck getting it dialed in.

Your boat looks great. Love the color and of course that big motor hanging off the back.

Ok. Educate me. I have never had an outboard. How do you know the motor is too low and what does changing the height do? Thanks.

great boat!

The propeller is sitting behind a large pontoon.  If it is too high up it won't grab; if it is too low the anti-ventilation plate will be too far down in the water, and it will cause too much drag.  Here's a great article that will explain it better:

http://www.boats.com/how-to/the-outboard-expert-boost-speed-with-outboard-engine-height-adjustments/#.WPoG89LysaY

The propeller is sitting behind a large pontoon.  If it is too high up it won't grab; if it is too low the anti-ventilation plate will be too far down in the water, and it will cause too much drag.  Here's a great article that will explain it better:

http://www.boats.com/how-to/the-outboard-expert-boost-speed-with-outboard-engine-height-adjustments/#.WPoG89LysaY

Thanks.  I understood the too high problem of the prop not getting any water, but didn't realize that too low was a problem other than hitting something. 

great boat!

I probably don't have the right knowledge to educate anyone. There is a cavitation plate that should be running just above the water when you're on plane and mine is running in the water which creates drag and also makes trimming more difficult in my experiences. Dealers tend to be rigging these tritoons this way a lot to counter having the front of the boat loaded heavier than the rear which is fine if your load is all on the front. I put 5 people up front yesterday and it made a very noticeable difference and the top speed was still 49 mph where it had only hit 51 with just 2 people on board.

That's a good starting point. I'd get to 20 hours before making a lot of changes, which is what they recommend on veradoclub.com. The nice thing is the Enertia comes in 1" increments so you can dial it in for exactly what you want. I'd think there is 4-5 more mph there with the right setup. My 250 Pro is mounted 2 holes up, with an 18 pitch Enertia, no blow out issues at all. Top end is ~51 @6250, lightly loaded.

I think the boat will easily hit 53-54 lightly loaded after a couple of adjustments. I'm leaning toward the 17 pitch Enertia and from watching it yesterday 2 holes up is exactly what I felt it needs.

I think my phone just shut down due to excessive drool!!! What a gorgeous boat!! I'll be watching closely to see where you end up speed wise, the boss already knows I want more speed back on the next one! :)  

That thing is freeeeeekin sweeeeeet!!!!

That is gorgeous man! Just beautiful!

Todd,

Great looking boat, well done.  Thanks for the info on the mounting, as I am new to outboards too.  This will be the first one I have owned.  Had a stern drive Cobalt, and now an inboard on the Mastercraft.

Also, what do you think about the sound system?  Didn't you go with Roswell? 

Todd,

Great looking boat, well done.  Thanks for the info on the mounting, as I am new to outboards too.  This will be the first one I have owned.  Had a stern drive Cobalt, and now an inboard on the Mastercraft.

Also, what do you think about the sound system?  Didn't you go with Roswell? 

Thanks, I actually didn't go with the Roswell, I was afraid it wouldn't be what we were wanting after having better sound systems in the past. There wasn't any info I could find before ordering to research the Roswell setup Bennington is using. I'm starting to see some good feedback about it but also a few negatives as well. I actually started purchasing some Wet Sounds components as soon as we ordered the boat.

Sweet boat!  I had to change props and the mounting hole initially selected on mine.  It definitely made a difference.  Good luck and have fun!  I would suggest you find the sweet spot during breakin.  Personally, I would suggest breaking the engine in with its ideal position and prop.  You can exceed the breakin speeds...just be sure to do it for short bursts. That should be enough to tell what's right for your Benni. :)

Back