How bad is my pads?

Lay Lake

Reaction score
I bought a 2018 21ssrx with the express package and a 115 yamaha in March of 2018. This boat was a mistake that I shouldn't have made based of the advice from members here. So, I traded it in February of 2019 for a 2019 23ssbxp with sps and a 150 yamaha. I just traded again for a 2022 (to be delivered some time late this year or early next) 23Lsb with sps+ and a yamaha 250xb. I originally wanted the yamaha vf200, but availability is sketchy on it and the 250xb was not but around $2200 more.

So, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being lowest level and 10 the highest what's my level of pads? I think I'm around 5.

You've got it bad brotha!!! 3 boats in 3 years! I'll have to put you in the 9 category!!! Ha!

Well, it would be three in 5 model years. Is that a little better? Hopefully that will lower the rating some, maybe??

Last edited:
Well, it would be three in 5 model years. Is that a little better? Hopefully that will lower the rating some, maybe??
That's okay PADS isn't a bad thing! You want to upgrade then upgrade!!!

I agree. This one will be kept for probably 7 plus years.

I’ll give you a strong 6.5-7

Derrick (BulldogsCadillac) is a 10.
Jack M probably strong 8 pushing 9.

I bought a 2018 21ssrx with the express package and a 115 yamaha in March of 2018. This boat was a mistake that I shouldn't have made based of the advice from members here. So, I traded it in February of 2019 for a 2019 23ssbxp with sps and a 150 yamaha. I just traded again for a 2022 (to be delivered some time late this year or early next) 23Lsb with sps+ and a yamaha 250xb. I originally wanted the yamaha vf200, but availability is sketchy on it and the 250xb was not but around $2200 more.

So, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being lowest level and 10 the highest what's my level of pads? I think I'm around 5.
I may be the wrong person to answer . I will be ordering number 4 as soon as I see what the new models offer next month .:cool:

It's like an itch you just can't scratch! I NEED MORE COWBELL!! Haha Welcome to the club! I have followed in Bezos' footsteps and stepped down as President and CEO and Jack seems to be taking his new role very seriously! Hahaha although I think there may be another member throwing their dingy in the pond at the next election!

I had a 14 Bennington, Ordered and received a 20 Bennington 23r, Traded tha boat for a 21 Regal LS6 surf, now trading back for another Bennington.

I had a 14 Bennington, Ordered and received a 20 Bennington 23r, Traded tha boat for a 21 Regal LS6 surf, now trading back for another Bennington.
I think you've got it worse than me. Hopefully we both get what we want and are happy with it for many years!

We dont really surf like I thought, 2 lake is always flooding w/ debris, 3 My wife is a realtor, we need to be able to come up from behind on houses and some are in really shallow water.
As far as the brand goes it will be my 3rd Benny and not an issue with them so far.

I might be the outlier here but I would say it’s only at a 2-3. As you know, the joke around here is we like to spend other peoples money, but we do it so they can be satisfied with their purchase. I understand if the things are out of the budget but we always recommend things that you’re going to want. Sounds like your first boat wasn’t satisfactory and really the second one is where you should have started. While it was a great start the 3rd one sounds perfect. I bet that’s what everyone would have recommended to start with anyway. PADS is more about wanting to upgrade and have bigger, better. Hopefully this one is perfect and unless you want to move up to an ESP with 300+ you should be set!

I have no desire to move to the elliptical sport package and a 300, or more hp. I would have been just as happy with the yamaha vf200, but availability on it is an issue. My dealer said it should become available late December, with it possibly being later into February. I didn't want to take the risk of it being later than that with the way things are going. So the yamaha 200xb it is!

You have surpassed the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale of 1-5 and the EF scale of 0-5 for tornados and have entered a new dimension. I'm giving ya a modest rating of 7. 3 boats in 3 years, your disease is pretty advanced. :)
Good luck with the new boat. And my jealousy is about the same rating......

Nice! I ordered my second one 4 months after taking delivery of my first! I might win quickest turn around but there are some big hitters here on moving product volume!

David I think you are also in the 9 category! Ha!

Well... the consensus looks like I've got it way worse than I thought. Hopefully this next boat cures it :)

Back