How in the.... $#@% fuel lines...

jcr159

Reaction score
So... As mentioned in another post, my fuel line rigging from the tank to the motor (yamaha 250 SHO VMax), was left too long, and over 45 hours got a kink in it.

Dealer came out and ran the boat, diagnosed, and fixed it for me... all on the water presumably? I wasn't there. Left a key on the boat for them. They came out a few days later, diagnosed, and fixed. Seemed to take them less than a day to diagnose and fix, and my boat is 35 minutes from a ramp. (weird, i know...)

I looked all over the place, and couldn't see the kink in the lines, it was under the wave shield under the boat. Removing said shield seemed to require removing bolts, screws, and rivets... The dealer seemed to indicate it was a piece of cake job. How the heck did they fix it? or find it, lol.

Please help me figure out how to stop being a moron, lol. I opened a circular "hatch" right in front of the engine on the rear deck and could see the top of the fuel tank, but no kinking there. It was definitely under the shielding..

Maybe they can pull all the waveshield off and put it back on in the water easily? i'm totally baffled and in awe! and want to know how they did it so I can learn how to be awesome! :p

So... As mentioned in another post, my fuel line rigging from the tank to the motor (yamaha 250 SHO VMax), was left too long, and over 45 hours got a kink in it.

Dealer came out and ran the boat, diagnosed, and fixed it for me... all on the water presumably? I wasn't there. Left a key on the boat for them. They came out a few days later, diagnosed, and fixed. Seemed to take them less than a day to diagnose and fix, and my boat is 35 minutes from a ramp. (weird, i know...)

I looked all over the place, and couldn't see the kink in the lines, it was under the wave shield under the boat. Removing said shield seemed to require removing bolts, screws, and rivets... The dealer seemed to indicate it was a piece of cake job. How the heck did they fix it? or find it, lol.

Please help me figure out how to stop being a moron, lol. I opened a circular "hatch" right in front of the engine on the rear deck and could see the top of the fuel tank, but no kinking there. It was definitely under the shielding..

Maybe they can pull all the waveshield off and put it back on in the water easily? i'm totally baffled and in awe! and want to know how they did it so I can learn how to be awesome! :p
Experience with rivets, the right tools, and either special clamps and/or two people - I imagine a hour, two tops.

Maybe go near waters edge and walk under boat? I’ve run new transducer wires standing in 3-4 feet of water.

Is it fixed?
My line kinked, dealer cut 4 inches off and reconnected. It still kinks and stalls. we will have yet another conversation about it.
I guess my point is it is easy to do a quick repair that doesn't actually repair anything.
Or did they just replace the line, attach to the old and pull it through?

Is it fixed?
My line kinked, dealer cut 4 inches off and reconnected. It still kinks and stalls. we will have yet another conversation about it.
I guess my point is it is easy to do a quick repair that doesn't actually repair anything.
Or did they just replace the line, attach to the old and pull it through?

The tech cut line off the existing line to shorten it and reattached. We put almost 3 hrs on it over the weekend and issue was resolved. I suppose it could come back, but sounds like it would be a warranty covered issue for me, so I’m not too worried.

I had a similar issue that drove me nuts. Fuel line had lost a tie and worked itself under the back seat. When someone over 200 lbs sat in that seat, it would pinch off the flow. Finally figured it out after replacing all HPDI filters $$$

Back