How should I clean white mildew off of black canvas Bimini? Also, spiders!

MamaWhite

Reaction score
Our Bimini cover has a chalky, white mold or mildew issue on the underside. Can anyone give me ideas on how to clean/eliminate that? Since it is black, I don’t want to use bleach. Also, how do you keep spiders away from your docked boats? We love our pontoon!

I use oxi-clean on mine. Works every time.
Test it first …

We use Spider Away. We spray the edge of the dock after every outing and it does a pretty good job of keeping the spiders to a minimum. But you have to be consistent in its use.

We use Spider Away. We spray the edge of the dock after every outing and it does a pretty good job of keeping the spiders to a minimum. But you have to be consistent in its use.
Spider Away for us too. Consistency is key. Works pretty well if reapplied regularly.

Thx guys spiders are killing us! I usually go the day before we go out on the boat to clear the boat/dock. I've used a bunch of sprays but afraid to use anything toxic since it's over water. I'll look Spider away up!

I have mechanically removed black mold on my previous boats with vinyl seats (no Simtex) using a scrub brush or a pressure washer. With this method mold reappears in about a year. I have tried two different products that actually kept the mold at bay for a longer time but they smelled like bleach so I did not use them again. My old boat is 27 years old and the seats are supple and not too faded. With no pressure washer recommendation for my new Bennington boat I also am also looking for a solution.

Back