How to know if ordered boat has gone into production

Fairway

Reaction score
Anyone know why my posts arent showing up? I havent said any expletives or anything defamatory. I did say that covid and the weather is the new catchall excuse for everything and maybe a 1% discount for every week late on boat orders would help frustration.

Cpat21

Reaction score
We ordered our boat mid Feb 2021 and the dealer told us in March that it would be built on 04/12. Just texted to see if that was still the case after reading some of the delays on here. Crossing my fingers!

Mozekian

Reaction score
I sadly think many dealers over promised some people on delivery dates, and then the production delays, foam shortage etc...just exacerbated it all.

People were saying their dealers were quoting 2-3 months from order to delivery early in the year and I felt something was up, as I was still waiting my 5 month order period, as was many others. Telling people about build dates a week after they ordered..hmmm. We still have people waiting who ordered before me in October. I wish everyone the best of luck on getting their boat and maybe contacting Bennington directly to get it from the "horse's mouth," as it were, would be the best move.

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
We ordered our boat mid Feb 2021 and the dealer told us in March that it would be built on 04/12. Just texted to see if that was still the case after reading some of the delays on here. Crossing my fingers!
I ordered late January, 4/12 was my build date, now late May or Early June, no date yet set......

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
I sadly think many dealers over promised some people on delivery dates, and then the production delays, foam shortage etc...just exacerbated it all.

People were saying their dealers were quoting 2-3 months from order to delivery early in the year and I felt something was up, as I was still waiting my 5 month order period, as was many others. Telling people about build dates a week after they ordered..hmmm. We still have people waiting who ordered before me in October. I wish everyone the best of luck on getting their boat and maybe contacting Bennington directly to get it from the "horse's mouth," as it were, would be the best move.
I really think Bennington needs to provide better transparency - it seems some of the dealers really play a lot of games and possible sell pre-ordered boats for premiums to new buyers, making the original owners wait. It would be easy for Bennington to confirm / list orders.....

Mozekian

Reaction score
I really think Bennington needs to provide better transparency - it seems some of the dealers really play a lot of games and possible sell pre-ordered boats for premiums to new buyers, making the original owners wait. It would be easy for Bennington to confirm / list orders.....
Well said. Im wondering if dealers can swap slots of preordered customer builds with dealer builds they plan on selling on the sales floor for MSRP? Dealers probably dont make a bunch on a custom build thats done under MSRP vs the "I have to have it now" buyer who walks into the dealership. So im curious if dealers can/are swapping out preordered customer custom built slots for floor build slots.

Im cynical here but seems interesting on how some are still waiting for their boat 6+ months later...Because if im a boat dealer and Bennington is running 6+ months, and I cant get inventory on my floor, customer custom builds wont pay the bills...so....they swap?

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
Well said. Im wondering if dealers can swap slots of preordered customer builds with dealer builds they plan on selling on the sales floor for MSRP? Dealers probably dont make a bunch on a custom build thats done under MSRP vs the "I have to have it now" buyer who walks into the dealership. So im curious if dealers can/are swapping out preordered customer custom built slots for floor build slots.

Im cynical here but seems interesting on how some are still waiting for their boat 6+ months later...Because if im a boat dealer and Bennington is running 6+ months, and I cant get inventory on my floor, customer custom builds wont pay the bills...so....they swap?
Exactly....the process just does not feel filled with integrity. While I suspect most dealers are straight up, in this market the temptation for an extra $20k can be tempting.

DiamondDave952

Reaction score
When I picked up my boat this past Wednesday, I commented to my salesman that there are a lot of "sold" stickers on the showroom. He commented that his dealership only have 23 more boats and expect to sell half of them this weekend. I asked when he expects more inventory and his response was possibly sometime in the Fall (Sept - Oct). I can understand Bennington wanting to prioritize restock their dealership inventory at the expense of long lead-times for customers who have signed purchase agreement. He also mentioned that there are no negotiating price on existing floor models. I just thought everything is negotiable, even your life...

AZThinkrs

Reaction score
My challenge has been the trailer. Boat is ready to go, but no trailer. We are supposed to have it next Thursday, fingers crossed.

David6801

Reaction score

I called Bennington... guess what? I’m on the waiting list to receive a phone call back !!

dshannon11

Reaction score
update that may help others....

Ordered mid Feb...just got email from Bennington rep that my boat is scheduled to be build 7/26 for a mid august delivery.
The build dates vary because each dealer has slots. Some people may get boat sooner if their dealer has more build slots.

Thanks