How to know if ordered boat has gone into production

Anyone know why my posts arent showing up? I havent said any expletives or anything defamatory. I did say that covid and the weather is the new catchall excuse for everything and maybe a 1% discount for every week late on boat orders would help frustration.

We ordered our boat mid Feb 2021 and the dealer told us in March that it would be built on 04/12. Just texted to see if that was still the case after reading some of the delays on here. Crossing my fingers!

I sadly think many dealers over promised some people on delivery dates, and then the production delays, foam shortage etc...just exacerbated it all.

People were saying their dealers were quoting 2-3 months from order to delivery early in the year and I felt something was up, as I was still waiting my 5 month order period, as was many others. Telling people about build dates a week after they ordered..hmmm. We still have people waiting who ordered before me in October. I wish everyone the best of luck on getting their boat and maybe contacting Bennington directly to get it from the "horse's mouth," as it were, would be the best move.

We ordered our boat mid Feb 2021 and the dealer told us in March that it would be built on 04/12. Just texted to see if that was still the case after reading some of the delays on here. Crossing my fingers!
I ordered late January, 4/12 was my build date, now late May or Early June, no date yet set......

I sadly think many dealers over promised some people on delivery dates, and then the production delays, foam shortage etc...just exacerbated it all.

People were saying their dealers were quoting 2-3 months from order to delivery early in the year and I felt something was up, as I was still waiting my 5 month order period, as was many others. Telling people about build dates a week after they ordered..hmmm. We still have people waiting who ordered before me in October. I wish everyone the best of luck on getting their boat and maybe contacting Bennington directly to get it from the "horse's mouth," as it were, would be the best move.
I really think Bennington needs to provide better transparency - it seems some of the dealers really play a lot of games and possible sell pre-ordered boats for premiums to new buyers, making the original owners wait. It would be easy for Bennington to confirm / list orders.....

I really think Bennington needs to provide better transparency - it seems some of the dealers really play a lot of games and possible sell pre-ordered boats for premiums to new buyers, making the original owners wait. It would be easy for Bennington to confirm / list orders.....
Well said. Im wondering if dealers can swap slots of preordered customer builds with dealer builds they plan on selling on the sales floor for MSRP? Dealers probably dont make a bunch on a custom build thats done under MSRP vs the "I have to have it now" buyer who walks into the dealership. So im curious if dealers can/are swapping out preordered customer custom built slots for floor build slots.

Im cynical here but seems interesting on how some are still waiting for their boat 6+ months later...Because if im a boat dealer and Bennington is running 6+ months, and I cant get inventory on my floor, customer custom builds wont pay the bills...so....they swap?

Well said. Im wondering if dealers can swap slots of preordered customer builds with dealer builds they plan on selling on the sales floor for MSRP? Dealers probably dont make a bunch on a custom build thats done under MSRP vs the "I have to have it now" buyer who walks into the dealership. So im curious if dealers can/are swapping out preordered customer custom built slots for floor build slots.

Im cynical here but seems interesting on how some are still waiting for their boat 6+ months later...Because if im a boat dealer and Bennington is running 6+ months, and I cant get inventory on my floor, customer custom builds wont pay the bills...so....they swap?
Exactly....the process just does not feel filled with integrity. While I suspect most dealers are straight up, in this market the temptation for an extra $20k can be tempting.

When I picked up my boat this past Wednesday, I commented to my salesman that there are a lot of "sold" stickers on the showroom. He commented that his dealership only have 23 more boats and expect to sell half of them this weekend. I asked when he expects more inventory and his response was possibly sometime in the Fall (Sept - Oct). I can understand Bennington wanting to prioritize restock their dealership inventory at the expense of long lead-times for customers who have signed purchase agreement. He also mentioned that there are no negotiating price on existing floor models. I just thought everything is negotiable, even your life...

My challenge has been the trailer. Boat is ready to go, but no trailer. We are supposed to have it next Thursday, fingers crossed.

I called Bennington... guess what? I’m on the waiting list to receive a phone call back !!

update that may help others....

Ordered mid Feb...just got email from Bennington rep that my boat is scheduled to be build 7/26 for a mid august delivery.
The build dates vary because each dealer has slots. Some people may get boat sooner if their dealer has more build slots.

Thanks

Talked to the dealer yesterday and he received an email from Bennington... Build date is slated for 6/1/2021. Just 10 days shy of 6 months from order.

Wow.....sounds like all the same frustration that people are experiencing on orders for new 2021 Ford F150s. There are some orders over 200 days old and still waiting on computer chips and other short supply parts. Sounds like if a person has a current boat or truck and have a new one on order, don't sell it until new one is in your possession! At least the old models are seeing great resale values, both in boats and trucks. I ordered a new all black Lariat 4x4. Powerboost hybrid truck with the 7.2kw inverter generator system , of course to pull my 2017 Benny to the river!

Wow.....sounds like all the same frustration that people are experiencing on orders for new 2021 Ford F150s. There are some orders over 200 days old and still waiting on computer chips and other short supply parts. Sounds like if a person has a current boat or truck and have a new one on order, don't sell it until new one is in your possession! At least the old models are seeing great resale values, both in boats and trucks. I ordered a new all black Lariat 4x4. Powerboost hybrid truck with the 7.2kw inverter generator system , of course to pull my 2017 Benny to the river!
Haha we made that mistake… figured we would sell in the fall and have a new boat for spring.. oops!! Bright side is we did sell our old boat for more than we paid for it after owning it for 5 years.

Got a call yesterday from my dealer about the boat that I had ordered back on January 16. The boat was finished production this week and should be delivered to the dealer in a couple weeks. Boat is a 23 LSB. So just about a 4 month wait. Just some info for reference.
I also got “the call” this past week... boat was ordered on January 11th. Dealer informed me that the boat had finished production and is just waiting on transport... they had one full load ahead of me, and that they should see the boat in the next two weeks. 23LXSB for reference.

Last edited:
sounds like all the same frustration that people are experiencing on orders for new 2021 Ford F150s
Found out the Ford is using The Kentucky Speedway parking lots to store new F150s waiting on computer chips.

Found out the Ford is using The Kentucky Speedway parking lots to store new F150s waiting on computer chips.
Yes, the pictures of thousands of parked trucks on 35 acres is unreal! Ford is supposedly now putting top priority on customer ordered trucks like mine so hopefully it is (scheduled) to be built June 14 week and delivered by mid July to Portland, Oregon. Fingers crossed! At least I am under invoice on price, and my 2019 Ram Rebel will tow Benny for the early summer boating until new truck arrives. I considered cancelling order and placing it for a 2022, but rumors are for big price increases on 2022 so I will stick with my 2021 order. The Powerboost with 7.2kw generator should have great resale also. (430hp, 570 ft lb and epa mileage of 24 city 24 hwy and built in 7200 watt 220 / 110 VAC generator)

Yes, the pictures of thousands of parked trucks on 35 acres is unreal! Ford is supposedly now putting top priority on customer ordered trucks like mine so hopefully it is (scheduled) to be built June 14 week and delivered by mid July to Portland, Oregon. Fingers crossed! At least I am under invoice on price, and my 2019 Ram Rebel will tow Benny for the early summer boating until new truck arrives. I considered cancelling order and placing it for a 2022, but rumors are for big price increases on 2022 so I will stick with my 2021 order. The Powerboost with 7.2kw generator should have great resale also. (430hp, 570 ft lb and epa mileage of 24 city 24 hwy and built in 7200 watt 220 / 110 VAC generator)
Sounds like a heck of a nice truck, and with those rumors, also a great decision on just keeping your order now. Maybe toss us all some pictures when you get it. :cool:

I saw the 60 Minutes episode a week or two ago on some of the underlying reasons for the chip shortage. Amazing the trickle effect it has, and how critical decisions made a year ago in manufacturing orders and supply chain matters impact the situation this far down the road.

Back