How to know if ordered boat has gone into production

Fairway

Reaction score
I ordered a 2021 20LLG on February 17th.
My dealer told me it will be a June delivery but no specific date. How can I tell if it has been entered into the Bennington production schedule and get a real date?
I ask as I just read a post from another member who ordered a couple of days ago and he commented he would have a May delivery. With my luck June will roll around and I'll be in formed, "ummm there was a mistake in processing and your order was never entered"...Thanks for any insight on this!
Fairway

Not sure if there is a way to find out other than to continue to call/text your salesman. If you're working with a reputable Bennington dealer, and you put 10% down payment to order your boat, then I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just text time every few weeks for an update.

I ordered a 2021 20LLG on February 17th.
My dealer told me it will be a June delivery but no specific date. How can I tell if it has been entered into the Bennington production schedule and get a real date?
I ask as I just read a post from another member who ordered a couple of days ago and he commented he would have a May delivery. With my luck June will roll around and I'll be in formed, "ummm there was a mistake in processing and your order was never entered"...Thanks for any insight on this!
Fairway
Ordered mine late January, got an order confirmation and build date at the end of February, build date April 12, ready for pick up end of April.

Thanks for the responses. I'll ask the dealer again. Looks like I should be getting a build date fairly soon.

Thanks for the responses. I'll ask the dealer again. Looks like I should be getting a build date fairly soon.
Mine was just like Laurence. Dealer places the order, Bennington sends receipt conformation when they receive it (dealer should provide you copy of this if you ask) and build date comes later on (2 months later on for me) once Bennington has it slated for build.

When a dealer is telling people June, its based on how long boats are taking for their dealership, not your boat. I was told 3-4 months...ill be 5 months. Is what it is...But I would be willing to bet you will be on your boat before the poster who was told by their dealer a May delivery, for a March order. Nobody is getting 2 month orders..not happening.

But ask your dealer for confirmation receipt. My dealer said they dont normally sent these to the customers but he figured I might want to see it. Its a great time to look over the order sheet they have and make sure its accurate. Soon after the boat will enter "no change" status so no more changes on the boat. So IF you have second thoughts on additions, you might have time, might....

Thanks Mo - The only thing I have from my dealer is a receipt for my down payment and copy of the Bennington build and price sheet I created online with the dealers "sale price" they gave me.
Does the receipt confirmation include an order sheet (you mentioned its a great time to review order sheet)?
How long after receiving your receipt confirmation did you receive your build date?

Thanks Mo - The only thing I have from my dealer is a receipt for my down payment and copy of the Bennington build and price sheet I created online with the dealers "sale price" they gave me.
Does the receipt confirmation include an order sheet (you mentioned its a great time to review order sheet)?
How long after receiving your receipt confirmation did you receive your build date?
I just looked through my emails and found that my build sheet was 2 months after I placed the order. Is that standard timing, I am not sure?

I ordered late May of '20, build sheet came late July, boat delivered early August. Timing even a year a go was a much different place than what it is now.... I wouldn't expect anyone ordering a boat this year would have a 2-3 month turn around time. No facts to support that but it seems like production time is getting significantly longer. Be patient, it is totally worth it! My most recent boat was a newer twin motor jet boat (single hull) and I will never go back to a single hull after owning a tritoon!

One thing I would stay on top of is your motor & trailer. There was a spot where there was no powder coating on our trailer and it has been 4 months and counting for the new one to come in. Not terribly concerned as my boat is sitting on the "old" one but if you are waiting on a trailer as well I would be checking that just as much as the boat itself.

Your dealer "should" have your approximate build date .Another thing to ask him is if your order was part of a full load

I ordered December 11th and was recently told a late April build date.

Hmmmm..... well the dealer has been very nice but doesn't have any updates for me.
Me:
"I wanted to touch base and see if you can send me a copy Bennington's confirmation receipt.
(I joined the Bennington Owners Group and other members stated they received a copy from there dealer when they asked).

Dealer:
"Until Bennington moves it over into production, I won't have a confirmation. I'll send it to you when I get it."

Oh well. I could have ordered it in October but waited hoping the prices would go down. If this boat isn't here in June my wife is going to kill me!

Hmmmm..... well the dealer has been very nice but doesn't have any updates for me.
Me:
"I wanted to touch base and see if you can send me a copy Bennington's confirmation receipt.
(I joined the Bennington Owners Group and other members stated they received a copy from there dealer when they asked).

Dealer:
"Until Bennington moves it over into production, I won't have a confirmation. I'll send it to you when I get it."

Oh well. I could have ordered it in October but waited hoping the prices would go down. If this boat isn't here in June my wife is going to kill me!
How long ago did you order through your dealer? I ordered October 24 and build date was January 13th. It was to my dealer by Feb 2 or so. I’m still waiting on my motor but lakes are still frozen so no big rush. At least I will be getting the new updated version of the Yamaha 300 which is just now releasing. Took probably a month or so before I got the build date.

There's no way to know if industries will be caught up by then.
The seat foam calamity is hitting everyone from marine to home furniture to automotive, so catching up could be a drawn out process.

Thanks, I think its a communication problem with sales. I will send him another e-mail!!!

Ordered in September 2020; built in December; was sitting in it in early January. Not wanting to hound my dealer, I emailed Sam Girten at Bennington directly in November who told me when my build date was. I stay in touch with him, and ask him questions now and again which is helpful.

My salesperson told me yesterday my original build date was March 8 but doesn't have a revised date yet. In northern Maine we only have about two weeks of summer so I hope I don't miss it!!!

My salesperson told me yesterday my original build date was March 8 but doesn't have a revised date yet. In northern Maine we only have about two weeks of summer so I hope I don't miss it!!!
Time to move south. Lol

Ordered ours in November and dealer just got it this week. Now waiting for the 250 SHO which I'm told should be in in about 3 weeks.

Ordered ours in November and dealer just got it this week. Now waiting for the 250 SHO which I'm told should be in in about 3 weeks.
Glad you only have to wait 3 weeks

I was talking to my dealer yesterday and he said they have a boat waiting for a 250 SHO for a month and it will still be a few weeks. I had to wait 4 weeks for the 175SHO to be delivered after the boat was delivered. Total 5 months for me, to the day, from order to delivery.

Back