How to know if ordered boat has gone into production

Anyone else get their boat delivered recently?
Mine had been built and was sitting on the Bennington dock for a couple of weeks waiting on a full truckload to transport!
Today I was told delivery has pushed out another week!! Yay!
Bummer. Do you know if your dealership has the motor set and waiting for your boat? I heard there were delays with motors too, or people getting the boats to their dealership, but then still having to wait on the motor.

Not trying to be alarmist, just tossing it out there to check on if you haven’t yet. Good luck. Hope they get a full transport to your dealership soon so you can get your boat.

Well.... last week the Bennington Regional Rep told me the motor was in transit and the boat would ship last Friday.
Today my dealer emailed me stating that they are supposed to receive the motor on the 20th but said nothing on the boat.
I honestly dont know anymore. The delays and the "Bennington said vs. the Dealer said" contradictions have taken the excitement out of it.
Maybe he meant the motor was shipping from Japan and theyre floating the boat down the Mississippi (at this rate I wouldn't doubt it).

Mine was ordered in late February, showed up at the dealer on Monday & I'm picking it up on Friday (supposedly). It came to dealer along with three other boats & they had the engine there waiting. Hoping it all works out as planned.

Ordered my in Benny in December 2020 and it arrived at the dealer about 10 days ago... no motor. The Bennington engines guys reached out to Yamaha and they have no idea when my motor will ship. At this point I am expecting to get on the water in 2022.

I have noticed Bennington is no longer offering the Yamaha 200 HP VMax SHO on a similar build.

Maybe he meant the motor was shipping from Japan and theyre floating the boat down the Mississippi (at this rate I wouldn't doubt it).
At least you can try to find some humor in the situation. I wish you the best of luck, and hope the sooner estimates are the correct ones.

Last edited:
I wish you the best of luck, and hope the sooner estimates are the correct ones.
Thanks. Oddly the dealer told me today they received the boat last Friday but she didnt tell me bc the engine is still in transit. What the ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Ive been waiitng 5 months for that thing!?!?
I drove the 2 hours to look at the boat today. Boat (20LLG SPS) looked good and it was set on the Yacht Club P2035TG trailer but there is no support bunk under the center tube (they said that was an add-on kit and its on order grrrrrr). I was told the engine shipped the 6th and it should be there next week on the 20th. "Its taking so long because the truck has so many different stops to make". OMG I nearly bit my tongue off on that one. Stay calm....patience...stay calm.... patience...
Cheers!

First, I’ve been following this thread and others for a good while. I’m completely new to boating (other than rentals) and chose a Bennington 20’ SLG and 90HP Yamaha SHO on 05/18/21. Dealer has said (with honesty) that anything goes right now, but to expect late September- November with the latter being most likely. It is nice being with Bennington though, as there are other boats I could have gotten possibly before now. I think I’ll wait this one out.
BTW. My dealer is in SC. I hope my information helps some.

cheers!

Bennington rep originally said boat was scheduled to be built today but they don’t have all the parts. Hoping to start by end of week.
Dealer has trailer but no idea when motor will be in.

Bennington rep originally said boat was scheduled to be built today but they don’t have all the parts. Hoping to start by end of week.
Dealer has trailer but no idea when motor will be in.
My boat repair is waiting on the first round of parts. Main electrical harness is on backorder from Bennington with no update on when it will be available. I was worried about my repair situation given the new boat buying situation.

I guess we’re all in the same boat in regards to demand/production backlogs. Hope you get an update sooner rather than later.

Anyone, any updates? No new updates with my dealer. With Delta running it’s course I’m curious to see how that has affected production.

Your dealer will get an email from Bennington when it has been put into their production schedule .

I ordered on 8/20/2022 , dealer said he hopes it will arrive by Christmas .My dealer did order another 3 with mine to make a full load .As of Saturday they had not been entered into the production schedule .

My boat is at the dealer! We saw it and everything this past weekend! It is more of a sail boat at this point as the motor still isn’t in.

My season is over in upstate NY so at this point, I’m fine if the motor takes until April… free storage. Hahah

My boat is at the dealer! We saw it and everything this past weekend! It is more of a sail boat at this point as the motor still isn’t in.

My season is over in upstate NY so at this point, I’m fine if the motor takes until April… free storage. Hahah
When did you place your order ,and what brand motor ?

When did you place your order ,and what brand motor ?
Mid February. Yamaha f150 was ordered. The dealer has the serial number of the motor so we know it’s close…

Ordered my new Q on May 30th. Dealer had a slot for August build, September delivery. I check back every couple weeks. Build still hasn't started, and still don't have a build date. Dealer predicting November or December.

Ok! Just got word that my build has started and that they are waiting on a couple of pieces of furniture. Our dealer is expecting delivery of our boat at anytime.

And that anytime has happened. Ordered 05/18/21 and I’ll be taking delivery 09/23/21. That’s on a 2022 SLG! All of our paperwork and orders indicated it would be a 2021 year model, however Bennington is sending us the 2022 model! So that’s cool. Can’t wait to post my experience. Cheers!

Back