How to run amp power from battery to helm?

Took both skirts off a few years back when I did a poor job of cleaning the toons with acid. Got acid on the skirts and it ate thru the anodization leaving ugly splotches. I used oven cleaner and scotchbrite to remove the anodization then primed them with self etching primer and spray painted with rustoleom to match one of my trim colors. Sold this boat a couple of months back and it still looked real good.

20161001_133938.jpg
20161001_134036.jpg
I ripped down a couple 2x4's on an angle (to make sure I didn't interfere with the power steering pump) to give me clearance for wiring underneath/behind the amp mounting board. Stuck with some PL and a few screws from the backside (behind the cushion) , then just had to make the final connections of the 1/0 G Wet Wire to feed the distribution blocks and the speaker wires and she was good to go! And I assure you, she goes!

View attachment 32458
View attachment 32459
I ripped down a couple 2x4's on an angle (to make sure I didn't interfere with the power steering pump) to give me clearance for wiring underneath/behind the amp mounting board. Stuck with some PL and a few screws from the backside (behind the cushion) , then just had to make the final connections of the 1/0 G Wet Wire to feed the distribution blocks and the speaker wires and she was good to go! And I assure you, she goes!
Oh that’s nice! Great looking job you did there. I ended up having a speaker box mounted in my helm and I added some anti vibration spacers under amp and mounted to that. It created some space under amp also so it can get some air between box and amp. Mine will work but yours looks much nicer!

Back