Howdy! New owner

karim7783

Reaction score
Just signed paperwork for my first Bennington on Friday (25 L Bowrider Fastback). These boats are absolutely gorgeous. Any suggestions/recommendations/helpful tricks for a first time Pontoon owner (previous boat was a 25' Fin Keeled Sloop)?

Welcome to Bennington’s little corner of the net. Pull up a chair and someone will come along and visit.
Congrats on the new boat.
Oh, and pictures or it didn’t happen.
andy

Welcome to the family and be prepared to be thoroughly impressed with her! I'll have to say that I don't know too many folks who venture over from the dark side but I'm sure you have your reasons and you might just wonder why you waited so long. My advise would be to take it slow around the docks as toons can act like sailboats in a wind. More specific questions would be helpful and 1+ on the pictures.

sailing (noun) - the action of getting wet...and becoming ill...while going nowhere...slowly...at great expense. ;-)

Welcome.

Welcome to the group. Congratulations! Looking forward to pictures too. There have been some threads in this forum specifically focused on your general question above. Use the search feature in the upper right hand corner to find them and look over all the ideas that have flowed in to it over time.

If you have some specific questions, I am sure many of us are ready to answer them as best we can. It really is a helpful and knowledgeable collection of pontooners in here. Happy boating!

Welcome to the forum Karim?!? Did they give you any indication when your boat will be built and delivered? Curious!

Just signed paperwork for my first Bennington on Friday (25 L Bowrider Fastback). These boats are absolutely gorgeous. Any suggestions/recommendations/helpful tricks for a first time Pontoon owner (previous boat was a 25' Fin Keeled Sloop)?
Yes they are. Let me guess. October ? Or was it on someone's floor since they aren't cheap ?

Welcome aboard. As stated, pics or it ain’t true ... :D

And we are happy to spend more of your money, tell us what you got, we will tell what you need....LOL.

DOCKING a 25' Pontoon takes practice. Our lake has some tight parking slips by the restaurants and we've already had a couple new 'tooners cause some minor damage. Mercury offers a "Docking" mode which reduces power to 30% which has personally helped me control my boat much better.

Yup, definitely don't want to give it too much and over correct!! Like this person........

Duplicate

Had final walk around, test drive, and delivery yesterday. @Arrowhead_King was VERY correct about needing practice. While the boat has less of a beam then my last boat, I also already had burned into my brain how to handle the last one (especially with the big heavy keel that the boat rotated on)

Looking good!

Congrats! Cool graphics!

Back