I'm struggling with what to do about the "break in" service. A

I have been working on something since I was big enough to hold a wrench, I have pulled engines out with a chain hanging from a tree. Rebuilt a Ford truck in my front yard and an 8n tractor under a lean to. Now I have a 5 car garage and don't want to any mechanical. Whats up with that!!!

I do change my oil in the boat, New truck came with 4 oil changes :D
Yeah, I've started paying people to do stuff as I've gotten older (wiser/richer?).

I now only like doing wrenching for fun, not necessity !!!  :p

I have a great dealer (Sportsmen Center). The first change after the break in period is material cost only no labor. They come to the marina pull the boat out and do it there. I do not have to wait for it to be done at the shop. Done during the week and ready when I need it. They also have a great track record and reputation on not damaging boats. They are always working on that next sale or upgrade and want you happy. I am also big on doing it myself but had rather spend time on the lake then working on the boat. My biggest reason for buying the new Benny. Happy Pontooning All
# 1 on the great dealer.(Sportsmen Center. I make an appointment take it in and they do it while I wait. No lost lake time. Needless to say they have a customer for life.

My Bennie dealer is 90 miles away.  My local Yamaha marine parts man was looking in an ATV microfiche looking for drain gaskets for my F150 lower unit--I'll never go back there.

The F150 oil filter is the same one that's used on the Ford 2.0 liter Focus motor.  The challenge was getting the original oil filter off @ 20 hrs.--some Sumo wrestler must have installed the thing.

After my first oil change, I switched to 10W30 Mobil 1 EP--a different and higher quality oil than plain Mobil 1.  I researched it on BobIsTheOilGuy.com--the website for all lubricants.

I put Pennzoil lower unit grease in--Walmart's price was $5.50.

Time spent:  30 minutes  Cost:  just over $30

I went with the Sim Yamaha for the 100 hour package, so for the first fluid change, I should have all that I need.

Back