Informational video: Quick clip use and removing, stowing, opening and covering easily.

Great video. I do it in reverse and roll, unroll down the center aisle. 21slx. Works great for me. Being a lazy person and using my new boat almost daily, do I really need to use the poles in a covered slip other than when I don't use the boat for say a week at a time?
A guy on my dock asked me yesterday if that was my Benny with the 250. I said no and he said good thing because out of the water someone would steal the lower unit and prop. I just nodded my head and kept moving. IMO, if a thief wants it and it is down, the thief will just reach under the mooring cover and tilt it up. There are 60 boats on my particular dock and other than the ones out of the water on hydraulic lifts, it is about 50-50 in the water and tilted up for outboards. Mine is a 90. Must be a market for stolen boat parts. Other than all that, I'm loving this machine. Takes about 500 hours to get comfortable in any semi complex aircraft, and most likely 20 hours in this boat. Man, am I having fun at a very young 71 years old. Enjoy your Benny's. On my lake they are everywhere.

What no pics??? Don’t you know it’s mandatory to show us your boat? :D

Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for a couple years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

Semperfi, thank you for the video. I watched this more than a few times and then had my wife watch it a few times..:)

We had no trouble at all putting the mooring cover on the 1st time thanks to your instructions, plus were able to easily remove it, and then put it on again. Piece of cake!

Awesome!!!

I concur with the props. I watched this video before I took delivery of my boat and it saved me I don't know how much time trying to figure out the procedure on my own! Great work. I just went to work right away the first time and didn't wrestle with the clips or cover.

My thanks also, wish I had a video on how to raise and lower the Bimini. We ended up pulling the light wires out of the socket and breaking loose the wiring from the plugs when the two of us, each on one side of the pontoon, attempted to raise the Bimini. The Starboard side without any attaching points fell off as the port side became disconnected from the platoon. We looked like we had been drinking before we even got started. Glad there were no cameras to record our seamanship. No thanks for the new boat check out!

My thanks also, wish I had a video on how to raise and lower the Bimini. We ended up pulling the light wires out of the socket and breaking loose the wiring from the plugs when the two of us, each on one side of the pontoon, attempted to raise the Bimini. The Starboard side without any attaching points fell off as the port side became disconnected from the platoon. We looked like we had been drinking before we even got started. Glad there were no cameras to record our seamanship. No thanks for the new boat check out!

Sadly, dealer should have walked you through that on delivery. You never touch the pivot points (unless removing), only radar/trailer arms and front arms.

I normally uncover it, stand in middle holding at light to support weight (to unhook) if dropping, wife unhooks rear arms (slight fist bump), drop down to trailering arms, or don't unhook rear, just fold forward and pull down slightly on front edge of frame to allow front arm to pop in (or pop out).

Note, just a little tip, keep a small piece of plywood, a plastic board, something stiff, about 18" x 2' to lay on the seat to stand on if need be (especially if you have piping sewed in to seat base cushion). If you stand directly on the seat, you can easily tear the stitching loose on the seat!!!! They are not designed for pinpoint pressure like your feet, they are made for your butt .... kids typically don't weigh much so it's a little more forgiving with them. My GCW seat cushions don't have piping, but I'm still very careful putting my feet near edges where stitching is.

Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for a couple years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

[/Q

Any chance you could post a video on how to put the cover on. I am having a heck of a time putting it on. I just got the pontoon so I haven't had much practice yet, but I could sure use some advice...PLZ!! 2 of my front clips have broken..not sure how; hoping that I don't break any more.
Thank you!!

Any chance you could post a video on how to put the cover on. I am having a heck of a time putting it on. I just got the pontoon so I haven't had much practice yet, but I could sure use some advice...PLZ!! 2 of my front clips have broken..not sure how; hoping that I don't break any more.
Thank you!!

Your dealer can get you some clips (if they don't stock them). I won't be able to do video till weekend ... but i'll try to make one. Can you explain your issue a little?
We cover by starting on starboard side at helm, first thing is, to start at bimini mount so everything else lines up. Then just reach down and gently pop the plastic clip into the bottom of the rail (it has a slot in the rail bottom). We just work our way around doing that till everything is clipped/snapped except the side door. I then crawl in and put the poles in, then out the side door, clip those last two and done. We do this with two people, but it can be done just as easy with one, just takes a little longer. I can pop them in or out in a second ... without any force. If you have to force any, you are not getting them lined up correctly, or trying to pull them out straight down or outwards ... I can pop them out with two fingers ...

Great video. On my swingback Benny, I have 4 snaps in the center of the back (near the motor) and 2 snaps on each side of the swingback area (port and starboard). It's important to start with those snaps so the rest lines up properly. At a minimum, do the port or starboard swingback side snaps and then work forward.

Great video. On my swingback Benny, I have 4 snaps in the center of the back (near the motor) and 2 snaps on each side of the swingback area (port and starboard). It's important to start with those snaps so the rest lines up properly. At a minimum, do the port or starboard swingback side snaps and then work forward.
I so agree with Chris on this!! After watching the previously posted video I quickly learned that with the swingback its important to line up the cover starting with the snaps in the back and then moving forward to the bow with doing the tie downs around the bimini top bracket openings. The rest falls in place much easier.

Great idea on the Swingback, but I have the keeper rails, a windscreen and 2 piece mooring cover which adds maybe 6 tie downs (don’t know why the cover couldn’t have gone over the rails) on the back. I start at the windscreen and then go to the bow or stern based on which piece I am working on. Still perfecting my technique - I’ll try the opposite next time.

upload_2019-5-7_19-24-34.jpeg

Thanks for this video! Saved me a ton of time on my second go around. Also, I agree with the insight on the swing back. I use the fold up technique shown in the video and start with the snaps on the stern of the swing back to get everything lined up.

Plus one on starting with the swing back snaps. Otherwise I follow SemperFi's video demo for the rest. Semper's is the absolute most efficient method.

To add to this post for those of you with a swingback model. I have found that when uncovering the boat, it is useful to use SemperFi's method, but leave the two rear middle snaps attached. Leaving it attached at the back, I can pull the cover toward the front while folding the sides in. Then I roll from front to back while snapped in the back and it allows me to roll it tightly and in the opposite order for covering the boat. Final move is to set the rolled cover on the swingback seat, unsnap, and finish rolling.

Then when I cover, I slightly unroll the cover, attach to the rear snaps, and then unroll toward the front.

We have the whole covering process down to about 7-8 minutes. (If the kids stay out of the way).

Back