Informational video: Quick clip use and removing, stowing, opening and covering easily.

Thanks to Bob Sell @ F&S Yamaha & Marine for teaching me about the Quick Clip trick.

This is a video I made for using the quick clips, how to stow cover neatly by rolling, and unrolling for easy covering. Note: This is the way I've uncovered and covered for years and it's pretty fast and simple, vs. balling up the cover then trying to figure out the front from the rear.

As I state in the video, if you don't have a side door zipper, get one installed. It makes a world of difference. 3-1/2 years of climbing in on hands and knees ..... no more. Now I can just stoop down, and walk in.

Just an FYI ... time to uncover and roll .... MAYBE 4-5 minutes. Time to unroll and cover, again MAYBE 4-5 minutes. If you roll it up as shown, there's no guesswork to unrolling. The rear is always at the outer edge of the roll with the puddle strap.

Great post, sir! Covering the pontoon can be quite an effort without the tops you've provided, especially like the way you roll up the cover to be ready. No guesswork and much faster than guessing on your orientation and being wrong, then having to flip it around. Thanks for the videos!

Great post, sir! Covering the pontoon can be quite an effort without the tops you've provided, especially like the way you roll up the cover to be ready. No guesswork and much faster than guessing on your orientation and being wrong, then having to flip it around. Thanks for the videos!
Where can you purchase these clips? Great video!

Depending on the year of your Bennington the clips are standard .

You could try a local canvas shop. A friend of mine recently had a cover made at my dealers canvas shop, he was offered a choice of snaps or clips . He chose the clips which are sewn onto his.

You could try a local canvas shop. A friend of mine recently had a cover made at my dealers canvas shop, he was offered a choice of snaps or clips . He chose the clips which are sewn onto his.
Thanks so much! I will give that a try. Definitely going to install the zipper.

If your cover is still in good shape the canvas shop should be able to modify it

It takes some time to put cover on with no access to the sides of the boat. all the slips here have no access to sides or rear of Pontoon. any tips for this situation

Attachments

• 352761343_10232178177343990_2824336265020251574_n.jpg
    352761343_10232178177343990_2824336265020251574_n.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 12
It takes some time to put cover on with no access to the sides of the boat. all the slips here have no access to sides or rear of Pontoon. any tips for this situation
With our set up, the side away from the dock (port side these days for us) is our struggle. We can get it partially clipped on properly if 2 people are doing, but we can not if doing it solo.

Frankly, we just don‘t have that side well secured 90% of the time. It is not a major issue for us at all. I am sure weather and region play a critical role in that. If bad weather is in the forecast, we will take the time to actually mess with securing that port side.

How we secure it when needed:

Basic Sequence - Bunch up cover on that port side to secure along the port side railings first. Tie down on bimini supports, and clip 1-2 front and back corner snaps. Then one of us secures clips along port side while the other stands a couple feet back pulling gently on the cover to provide enough tension to keep it on the clips. That person simply moves around carefully keeping tension on it pulling starboard while the other one finishes port side rail clips before continuing around to the front snaps. After that half of the boat is sete, we then secure the starboard side. That begins with starboard side tie downs around bimini supports. After that, tension is no longer needed to keep port side snapped in place. We then finish starboard clips, followed by the back of the boat with its 6 snaps on the extended aft deck.

I hope the above description makes sense.

IMG_2594.jpegIMG_2911.jpegIMG_1469.jpegIMG_1461.jpegIMG_1468.jpeg

Back