It fits, it fits, it fits!!!!

goldnrod24

Reaction score
I've been in a bit of a panic since I had the floors poured in my barns that I had somehow incorrectly measured and that my Bennie wouldn't fit inside with the top up.

Some of you may remember that this was one of my primary considerations in the design, approval and build of one of the buildings as I never want to have to stow the top to get in and out of my inside storage.

I eventually was able to get the City to approve a building with 14' sidewalls and I had two 13' high doors installed (with what they call low headroom rails which are 1' from the ceiling).

Well, after letting the concrete cure 2 weeks, I pulled her into the building (it's a pull through.... no more backing in!). Here's what she looks like inside. I'm very pleased!

023_zpsjrm0dix7.jpg

Nice job!! Looks good in there. Now you just need to sweep the sand out! Good call moving the anchor light down!

Nice job!! Looks good in there. Now you just need to sweep the sand out! Good call moving the anchor light down!
LOL! I'm sure it will be forgotten sometime in the future! I should probably get a spare, just in case!

The sand is a hassle. I don't really want to pour concrete on that side of the building. I may try some of the pavers that allow grass to grow through.

2955886_orig.jpg

Nice job Goldenrod, glad it all worked out

Great job Randy! Congrats!

Looking good !!!

Good job!

Thanks for all the positive comments, guys!

Here's another angle.

7F15BACA-F135-404B-B80B-6ADD558AE330_zpsnrmp2ljm.jpg

Looks great, but why worry about stowing the top? I think I would prefer to have it stowed personally.

Looks great, but why worry about stowing the top? I think I would prefer to have it stowed personally.
Two ways to stow the top. First, what I call the winter or travel stow which uses the short legs. The top sits on the rear sundeck. Pretty sure that's not what you mean.

The second way is with the material wrapped in the storage boot and the top in the upright position. On my boat, that height isn't that much less than the top fully open. It would probably clear a 12' door. It's that step that I just don't want the hassle of messing with. If the top's up when I return from the lake, I just prefer not to have to stop, wind it up and zip the boot. Sometimes, it's even wet and I like to leave it up to dry.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

Thanks buddy, I know its been a minute been super busy, projects are piling up lol

Nice looking building! 

Very nice set up. By the way, you have excellent taste in picking the perfect color for your boat. ;)

Cheers, Steve

Back