I've never seen anything like this!

WaveRunner

Reaction score
We saw this Monday on the lake, and it was very painful to behold.  

From the lack of registration markings, apparently this was a pretty new vessel that the owner decided to take for a (very fast) spin Sunday night.  At first we thought it may have been stolen, but the story we heard was that it had been piloted by the owner and that he was not (amazingly enough) intoxicated.  We were also told that he also wasn't running his GPS system.  This part of the lake is at the right side of a bend that is over 1,600 feet wide, so it wasn't tight by any means and would have been fairly deserted at night.  We don't know if he was the only occupant of the boat at the time of the accident.

Both stern drives were bent way back and were horribly trashed.  Can you imagine how much force it took to get this heavy of a boat up that rocky shoreline and that far from the lake?

The other boat at the left is a Ranger's boat.  They were inspecting the hull damage when we went by.  I imagine the hull was pretty ugly after this impact.  I still cringe when I see these pictures.  Safety first, folks.

412761783.jpg

412761782.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, don't even need a license to drive it .... Here's the keys.  :blink:

Happens all the time at Lake Powell with rocks that are just under or slightly out of the water. Hell, even being super vigilante about it, it happened to me last April. Those guys must have really been moving though.

This is the problem at every Lake in the Country, anyone can drive a boat or pwc.

Hopefully noone was hurt, here on a private Lake we have so called "guests" who take the homeowners crafts out and have no clue what they are doing except trying to show off to everyone they know. 

Knowing it was the owner himself who did this with an unregisterd possibly uninsured boat is sad

motivator__wth____by_nicktoonssquad-d5fhn44.png

Wow! Water is pretty low!

This is why there is a speed limit of sorts here in MI after dark. You can only go fast enough to maintain steering control. The boat would have survived if he was going slower. Something tells me there is more to the story though....stay tuned.

Lots of money sitting on those rocks! :(

As the saying goes..... You can't fixed stupid! Doesn't matter how big the bank account! :)  

Back