Keeping the bow door open...and doing it cleanly.

Good find VT, looks like i'll be putting those on my Christmas list.  Just went to their website, neat sh.. stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boat came with the pre-installed plastic door holder for the rear door only.

+1 for our boat. The dealer said that the stops if used on the port side or bow gates would be trip hazards since they would be where people walk, while the stern gate stop is right next to the fence. Made sense to me. I do like the magnets, although since they are not stainless steel, it will only be a short time until they rust. 

Our bow and side gates do not have door stops, the only one that came with one was the stern gate. This is our first summer so I asked the marina where we bought it to order 2 stops to put in when they have it for the winter. I will have to tell my husband about this idea. Thanks!

Thanks for the inspiration!! I got to thinking about this idea and installed a no drill door keeper using a NiteIze Cell phone holder. Super strong magnet... seems to work well so far. Here's a quick video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9cUb-9bRZsVSFFPT1U5bERRZmc/view?usp=sharing

What is the magnet stuck to on your seat side? Is it vinyl or plastic? I have a 2017 boat which has vinyl all the way to the floor. I'm wondering if it would stick to the vinyl?

What is the magnet stuck to on your seat side? Is it vinyl or plastic? I have a 2017 boat which has vinyl all the way to the floor. I'm wondering if it would stick to the vinyl?

Not sure if it'd stick to the vinyl. My seat base is plastic.

I like these ideas... just make sure everything is STAINLESS steel.  The Sea shows no mercy...

Maybe it's just my internet browser, but none of the links for the magnets work anymore in this thread. Does anyone have a name brand, or an update amazon listing, or picture of these magnet door holders? I see ones on there for about $50, but that seems a little excessive for a magnet door holder to me.

Not your browser ,all of those links are 5 years old

You could also send one of the posters a message .

Attachments

• Bow Door Magnetic Door Stop.JPG
    Bow Door Magnetic Door Stop.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 29
I, too, thought about all kinds of door stops. I ended up at least temporarily cutting off a 4 in section of a pool noodle and then cut it diagonally. Seems to work so far - as long as I can find it when I need it. LOL

We ran like that all the time, just tied it open, actually left it tied open most of the time.

Back