Keeping your Interior NICE!

• Thread starter Retired Team Member1
  • Start date
R

Retired Team Member1

Here are a few tips to keep your Bennington interior nice for years to come. Bennington boats bring higher resale value than any other pontoon brand...help retain your boat value and remember, no pain no gain!

UPHOLSTERY TIPS:

Use a mild dish soap to make a bucket of warm sudsy water. Wipe down your upholstery with sudsy water at the end of an active weekend. You'll remove sunscreens and lotions, body sweat, potato chip crumbs, spills, etc. After wiping with a sudsy cloth, wipe dry with a clean towel. For stubborn stains, try spray Fantastic, followed by sudsy water and a dry cloth. 1-2 times per month during the summer, spray the upholstery with 303 Aerospace Protectant after cleaning with sudsy water. This helps keep the upholstery soft and protects it from the sun's harmful rays.

CARPET TIPS:

Vacuum your carpet like you would your living room. Power washing is not recommended, since a strong blast can eat away the carpet tufts and weaken the carpet texture. For stubborn stains, pour warm soapy water directly onto the stain (be generous) and scrub with a brush to lift the stain. Let it air dry. It's a boat, and it WILL get wet, but if you can let the carpet and upholstery dry before covering the boat, it will help tremendously.

THE BIG SECRET TO SUCCESS:

Use your playpen cover! We know it's not a lot of fun, but it protects the interior from the sun, the rain, the spider poopy, bird droppings, pollen and mold spores...AH, mold spores. Let's talk mold. Once a heavy dose of spores settle on the carpet (without a cover) you have the potential for a garden that rivals the best soil in Iowa! (Same principle holds true for upholstery fabric) Once the mold begins, you can hide it, but you can't stop it from coming back. Don't give mold an open invitation. The best prevention is your playpen cover! Again, let the boat interior dry before covering the boat...it really helps minimize mold.

GOT MOLD?

2 parts chlorox to 10 parts water. TEST AN AREA please!

Bleach is not recommended for new boats...gues what is? Your playpen cover!

Last edited:
We hose down the boat when we come back in to dock, should we make sure the floors are dried out too before covering or just wipe down the seats?

We hose down the boat when we come back in to dock, should we make sure the floors are dried out too before covering or just wipe down the seats?
You guys hose down everything?!? Seats floor and all? You have vinyl or seagrass?

We hose down the floor, dog slobber, dirt from shoes, anchor, etc. There is some water splatter that gets on the upholstery but I don't hose down the upholstery. What's with the !!!!? Its a boat, it can get wet right? We have the Seagrass flooring.

Last edited:
What's with the questions? You asked if you should dry the floors before putting the cover on. You never said what kind of floors you have.

We used to hose down everything including the seats on our first boat. But stopped after realizing the water was getting under in the storage area......

What's with the questions? You asked if you should dry the floors before putting the cover on. You never said what kind of floors you have.

We used to hose down everything including the seats on our first boat. But stopped after realizing the water was getting under in the storage area......
No, questions are fine, I was referring to the exclamation points as if I had done something crazy. Yes, I thought of the water getting into the storage under the seats, plus I had already wiped down the seats with the cleanser.

No, questions are fine, I was referring to the exclamation points as if I had done something crazy. Yes, I thought of the water getting into the storage under the seats, plus I had already wiped down the seats with the cleanser.

Nope you didn't do anything crazy and I've always used exclamation points for some reason. Didn't mean anything by it. That's great that you're keeping that boat clean. Keep it up. We've had ours for 10 seasons now and the upholstery looks like new. Cover it up!

Thanks.

I thought using 303 aerospace protectant was a no go on newer Bennington interiors?

The
I thought using 303 aerospace protectant was a no go on newer Bennington interiors?
Their model has the standard vinyl not the Simtex

Yes, I have the standard vinyl.

I have standard vinyl also on my 2017 SLXP... guess only the higher end models have the Simtex. I'll give 303 a try... thanks for the info.

No treatment.

Back