KMC10 with more than 1 station

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
So going on our 7th year with our Kicker picking up 1 station (used Bluetooth from phone when we didn’t want radio), I got the courage to drill a 1/4“ hole in the helm and installed a folding antenna. The good part … I get like 12 stations. The bad part, reception isn’t the greatest as I’m between Baltimore and York/Harrisburg so it finds both areas on matching stations. I still get 4-5 fairly strong ones. Amazing the difference though. Not bad for an old unused antenna I found in my toolbox.

IMG_4220.jpeg

Last edited:
I had thought about a power antenna, but never had the courage to drill . I'll stick with Sirius. I bought a lifetime subscription in 2004 for $275.00 . I think I got my moneys worth, and still going .

We have a short built in antenna on our boat and get all kinds of stations on our lake! But we still use Bluetooth and play music from our phones ....

I had thought about a power antenna, but never had the courage to drill . I'll stick with Sirius. I bought a lifetime subscription in 2004 for $275.00 . I think I got my moneys worth, and still going .
I was too cheap and worried about them going out of business back then. Oh if I would have done this the money I could have saved! I pay the $6 monthly now for 2 cars and get the app on my phone as well, so it is bluetooth for me on the boat!

I’ve always just streamed Pandora for free - Bluetooth to car, boats, whatever…

Interesting part is ,we had just bought our retirement home about 3 1/2 hours north, I originally had XM and canceled it because it was (for example ) the same Pink Floyd song at 2:00 every Friday.
Yup just plays in an endless loop!

Interesting part is ,we had just bought our retirement home about 3 1/2 hours north, I originally had XM and canceled it because it was (for example ) the same Pink Floyd song at 2:00 every Friday.
Well, there are some Pink Floyd songs where that would be just fine.....LOL. Downloaded Spotify playlists for me!

I started creating playlists back in 1971 using a cassette deck and the radio. Graduated to making them with a record player and then CDs. Of course , what used to take hours to do can be accomplished in considerably less time and effort via Spotify.

Not to get off track from Semp's post but who remembers 8 Track tapes??? (Showing my age!) We've come a long way! Ha!

Not to get off track from Semp's post but who remembers 8 Track tapes??? (Showing my age!) We've come a long way! Ha!
I remember my dad having 8 track tapes of the Kingston Trio and Rodger Whittaker in our dads Ram Conversion van back in the 70's / early 80's. Yeah, I'm old. HAHHAHHAAH

I started creating playlists back in 1971 using a cassette deck and the radio. Graduated to making them with a record player and then CDs. Of course , what used to take hours to do can be accomplished in considerably less time and effort via Spotify.
Having a boom box with dual cassette tapes and then listening to the top 20/ 40 and hitting the record button without getting any commercials or DJ's voices was a right of passage on how good you were in putting a mixed tape together... Love it. HAHAHHA

And reel to reel … :D

We can take this off track … pun intended …:p
Im trying to track :)p) down an old console stereo in good condition. I like that retro 70’s/80’s stuff. I have 2 smaller boomboxes like I had in the 80’s. I also want to do a rack system that was popular back in 80’s/90’s. I already have a decent turntable.

And reel to reel … :D
Yup we had an Akai reel to reel with hundreds of tapes and an RCA Victor console stereo with the turntable on top and 2 huge speakers that we brought back from when my Dad was stationed in Japan!

Oh the demise of the 8-tracks and quadraphonic sound!
I had a friend who's father had a quad system it was pretty cool if you actually had a quadraphonic recording!
The only one I ever saw in a house!

I had a quadraphonic system in my car . Dark Side of the Moon and Santana Abraxas were Outstanding!
Loved those 2 8 Tracks Jack! I also used to play the crap out of Frampton comes alive, Donna Summer, and Aerosmith!!!

Yup we had an Akai reel to reel with hundreds of tapes and an RCA Victor console stereo with the turntable on top and 2 huge speakers that we brought back from when my Dad was stationed in Japan!

Yeah, you could always tell who the guys in the barracks were that had been stationed in Japan. They all had killer rack systems!!! :p

Back