Labor Day Weekend Plans

CTays

Reaction score
What is everyones plans for labor day? It is pretty much the end of summer on Dale Hollow Lake as far as the marinas and restaurants go. Most go to weekends only or closed all together. A few more weeks of swimming maybe. There is plenty of pontoon riding and relaxing left for us after that. We usually go all the way to the end of October before covering up for the winter. We are going to spend Labor Day Weekend at the lake on a houseboat. Mitchell Creek Marina is having there big Labor Day celebration on Saturday with fun for the kids, food and live music. We will most likely spend the afternoon there. The rest of the time we will be running around on the pontoon and relaxing on the houseboat. What do you have planned? Everyone be safe and have fun.

We may be up at Hendricks Dock area on Dale Hollow for the weekend, Depends on when the new grandson arrives :D We cruise around Dale Hollow all through the winter looking to catch a look at an eagle or two. Going up to scope out the marina Sat.

I'll be hanging low for the holiday.  I usually try and avoid the crowds so kicking' back at home is fine with me.  I'll be going out to my place in Havasu (from Temecula, CA) right after Labor Day for about a week.  Even though I don't have my new Bennington yet and my Honda skis are waiting for recall work, I can always jump on my buddy's Excursion pontoon and get some rounds of Golf in.  I like the Labor Day weekend because that means most of the crowds will be done with Havasu and the lake is quite nice until the snowbirds roll in around late October/November.

Labor Day is a huge weekend for us as it is the Ring of Fire.  The 125 mile shoreline is filled with bonfires, each one trying to build the biggest.  I have always wanted to be out on the boat cruising to see them all but I also don't want to miss the party at our place.  I posted this from our 2013 and 2014 Ring of Fire;

Labor Day is a huge weekend for us as it is the Ring of Fire.  The 125 mile shoreline is filled with bonfires, each one trying to build the biggest.  I have always wanted to be out on the boat cruising to see them all but I also don't want to miss the party at our place.  I posted this from our 2013 and 2014 Ring of Fire;

That sounds like the absolute coolest thing! We don't really have any traditions quite like that here.

Gonna start mine off Saturday with a 5K run to benefit "Firefighter Cancer Fund". Then I have a week to recuperate !! :blink:

Hope to just float around on our lake for the week, but I do have to come back to work Friday, and take some work customers fishing on the bay .... :D

It's a tough job but someones gotta do it.  ;)

Sleep? Jack can I buy that on Amazon? 

As of now the weather forecast looks amazing so hopefully it holds up and we'll have upper 80's and sun. Hopefully Kristina can get out on the SUP before the water gets too cold.

family coming in for the weekend on Table Rock!

Jack

We recently retired and relocated from California to Texas to achieve our dream of living on a lake. We missed the Fourth of July activities so this will be the first holiday weekend here on Cedar Creek Lake. My husband, Karl, is quite social so we've gotten to know a few of our neighbours and locals so the plan is to have sort of an open house, bbq, cruise the lake kind of day. Having people over so soon seems a little daunting but its giving us incentive to get things done but we are soooo tired of unpacking, setting up TVs, etc. Relocating to another state is no walk in the park...

We are going to Cumberland for Labor Day.  9 people for the picking and grinning party on Sunday.  Our son Facetimes us and he plays from CA.  I am so in awe of people that have musical talent.  I can fix almost anything but I can't carry a tune in a bucket. 

This is the last time to use the Grandpa Charlies' house.  It was built as a lake cottage and just doesn't work for us anymore. We are demo'ing it in October with the new house to be finished by Dock Day in April 2016.  I am done working and fixing things on something when we go there to have fun. 

Everybody have fun and be safe!!!!!!

Back