Lake Norman snowfall.....

Haven’t seen snow in person since December 27th 2017. My son keeps asking me to take him to Michigan so he can see it

Haven’t seen snow in person since December 27th 2017. My son keeps asking me to take him to Michigan so he can see it
4 years? You're not missing anything! Ha! Supposed to snow here again tomorrow. WTH?!?

I think these random snowstorms down south would be REALLY rough. At least up here in the north you expect it, and you know it will last months. Thus, you are always preparing for it by late fall. You have what you need, and develop prep routines and contingencies.

To be hit unexpectedly or randomly just a couple times per year would be very challenging. No winter tires, perhaps things not stowed away with heavy snow or ice in mind, power lines and road plow issues, and so on and so on. I really do hope you all do okay with these series of winter storms. Be careful out there.

I think these random snowstorms down south would be REALLY rough. At least up here in the north you expect it, and you know it will last months. Thus, you are always preparing for it by late fall. You have what you need, and develop prep routines and contingencies.

To be hit unexpectedly or randomly just a couple times per year would be very challenging. No winter tires, perhaps things not stowed away with heavy snow or ice in mind, power lines and road plow issues, and so on and so on. I really do hope you all do okay with these series of winter storms. Be careful out there.
The best kind of snow is the one that falls beautifully today and is all gone from the ground and roads tomorrow. Lol Beautiful to watch fall, but hate all the inconveniences. Spent a lot of time in the Midwest and especially the northeast as my former employer of 25 years was based in Boston, and I used to wonder how people adapt to never seeing the ground for weeks and even months. Not for me.

The best kind of snow is the one that falls beautifully today and is all gone from the ground and roads tomorrow. Lol Beautiful to watch fall, but hate all the inconveniences. Spent a lot of time in the Midwest and especially the northeast as my former employer of 25 years was based in Boston, and I used to wonder how people adapt to never seeing the ground for weeks and even months. Not for me.
That’s such an interesting thought. Our family is the opposite. By mid-December we are always complaining if we can see the grass/ground. Just not winter when there isn’t a lot of snow out. Well, that and if its going to be freezing cold, we should at least have snow to do things in. Otherwise, might as well be warm…lol

Here is some snow . This a friend of mine from Sault Ste Marie Canada . He is about 6'3"

1642708195242.jpeg

Doesn't bother me but alot people down here just aren't used to driving in the snow and aren't prepared! There is a road that leads out to the main road from where I live. Nice drive, tree covered so the sun doesn't hit it so the snow gets packed down. A car in front of me yesterday hit that area spun around and was facing me when they came to a stop. Just not paying attention and shouldn't have been going as fast as she was. Also they don't have the snow removal equipment that the north has. In Virginia they threw so much salt on that road it was all white until spring time!!! I just hope it doesn't snow as much as it did last Sunday. I don't feel like removing it from my boat cover again! Ha!

Back