Lake Oconee, Georgia

We’re on Oconee!

What part of the lake are you on?

Yeah, these ain’t your grandparents pontoons anymore ... ;):p

I keep telling myself that. This thing is very cool, and it’s extremely fast. My little scout boat didn’t quite do it at lake Oconee. Ha.

I keep telling myself that. This thing is very cool, and it’s extremely fast. My little scout boat didn’t quite do it at lake Oconee. Ha.
Congratulations, on boat and a home in Harbor Club! You'll like the residents in fact, still have friends there even though we "downsized" and moved to the Landing.

I just purchased my Benny last week. I'm located across from Fishtales. What does Fishtales charge for indoor storage? Do they have spots left?

I’m on Oconee. Looking for a builder to build a small home on my lot. Keep my Bennington at Great Waters. Great boat, Great Lake!
Try Stan Carson 706-433-3546, he did a good job on all the cornice work (outside trim) when I was building my house in The Landing. Probably easier to find a heart surgeon than a Builder these days! Lake O Builder's Assoc has an office in the plaza on HWY 44 (next to Café 44) and they have a directory listing established local Builders and Suppliers.. Hope this helps.

I’m on Oconee. Looking for a builder to build a small home on my lot. Keep my Bennington at Great Waters. Great boat, Great Lake!
Give Scott Deering (Liberty Builders) a call. Easy to work with great ideas for house and lot. He set us up a guy to draw up the design plan and takes care of all surveying and permitting.

706-817-8795

Thank you everyone for your thoughts regarding a builder at Lake Ovonee. I may have time to research them in the coming weeks.

Finally got on the lake yesterday for about 5 hours. Wonderful! Until the last 10 minutes when I ran aground at a sandbar just in front of the Great Waters Marina. Bent up my first prop. Crowe Marine says they have one in stock! What a surprise.

Just got back from spending some time in Montana where my son just graduated and received his Masters Degree.

Now it time to change props, get out on the water, and interview builders.

Thank everyone!!! If anyone has a like new Honda 150 prop they’d like to sell, please contact me. All the best!!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts regarding a builder at Lake Ovonee. I may have time to research them in the coming weeks.

Finally got on the lake yesterday for about 5 hours. Wonderful! Until the last 10 minutes when I ran aground at a sandbar just in front of the Great Waters Marina. Bent up my first prop. Crowe Marine says they have one in stock! What a surprise.

Just got back from spending some time in Montana where my son just graduated and received his Masters Degree.

Now it time to change props, get out on the water, and interview builders.

Thank everyone!!! If anyone has a like new Honda 150 prop they’d like to sell, please contact me. All the best!!
Was the sand bar marked?!?

Yes it was marked ................ Sort of! I thought it said "No Wake" so I was only doing maybe 5 mph but when I ran aground and then I realized it said
"Hazard"! I'll know next time.

Now for a question: the prop is marked 15 x 15, and Crowe Marine has one in stock that is marked 15.25 x 15. I realize that will be very little difference. Should I be concerned with that?

Also, I would like to stick to an OEM Honda Prop versus some other manufacturer. Is that a good concern? The others are less money but not a whole lot. Crowe Marine wants $241 versus some place on Ebay wants $189. Both are Honda brand OEM.

Frank

BTW - Since it's a two hour drive to the lake, instead of driving there to learn what pitch the prop is, I called Great Waters Marina where I have it stored. I left a message and asked it they could pull the boat down and tell me what the pitch was. They called me back 15 minutes later with the answer. They are terrific people there and have great service. And when I asked what they would charge to replace the prop, they said "Nothing, it only takes 5 minutes!" I will tip them well but so far I am extrememly pleased with their service.

Oconee, ( like all lakes in Georgia) was manmade by flooding 19,000 acres of land. Hence you have submerged wooded areas, sandbars, old roads and buildings that create hazards along with partially submerged logs floating down the main channel. Best advice is stay clear of shoreline particularly where land comes to point as depth readings can go to 2 ft very quickly. Georgia Power controls the lake and their primarily focus is marking no wake areas. Some partially submerged wooded areas are obvious but in the coves set your depth finder alarm and again steer clear of any points of land.

Crowe Marine is the Bennington Dealer in this area, but you should be able to obtain a Honda prop at any number of local marinas. My boat is stored at Fishtales Marina and given the hazards on Lake Oconee and Lake Sinclair they order props by the case! Manager is Charlie Vaughn 706-717-8158

Back