Lake of the Ozarks - Where to settle in

MCSD12

Reaction score
I recently bought a Bennington from Kelly's Port MM19 and love it and the dealer. I am trying to decide where on the lake I want to make home. I am going to experience the crazies this weekend (Memorial day). Where are good area to go that are not too crazy and I can take the family out tubing and not worry about getting run over? I have been from the dam all the way down to MM23 so far. Gravois arm looks good but very populated. The state parks look like a good potential area once you get past party cove. Where should I explore? Any other tips would be appreciated.

Can't help you with LOTO but we sure love the peace and quite of Mark Twain Lake. Only see the nuts on major holiday's. Water sports are easy and safe all day long. Been enjoying this lake for nearly 14 years and only figured out we have a party cove of sorts last summer. :) )) Can't wait to see how our new Bennington performs.

Can't help you with LOTO but we sure love the peace and quite of Mark Twain Lake. Only see the nuts on major holiday's. Water sports are easy and safe all day long. Been enjoying this lake for nearly 14 years and only figured out we have a party cove of sorts last summer. :) )) Can't wait to see how our new Bennington performs.
Any reccomendations on places to stay in the area I'll be trailering the boat so a hotel?

Rockie

We are located on the east end of the lake. The Blackjack marina is the closest ramp from our place. I have not stayed in any of the local hotels, motels or cabins so can't be of much help in recommending any of them. We always used a camper until we bought a place. The folks here are super friendly so I would like to think you could pick just about any one of them and be good. The folks at Cannon Dam Cabins are super nice might give them a try.

Good Luck

Back