Leaking toon

My dealer said NO.

It states directly in the warranty exclusions for towing, haul-out, etc...
I would almost guarantee every manufacturer does that.
That being said, I would think the dealer would have worked with you.

Thumbs down on the dealer for that one. It's amazing what some dealers do and some don't post sales for their customers. I still think it would be cool to have a bennington dealership with a lot of the folks on here. It would be a dream job.

Thumbs down on the dealer for that one. It's amazing what some dealers do and some don't post sales for their customers. I still think it would be cool to have a bennington dealership with a lot of the folks on here. It would be a dream job.

I wonder how long he's been a dealer, or better yet, how long will he remain a dealer.
My dealer bends over backwards for us. He aint the cheapest guy around, but he's the most professional, presentable shop/crew around, and I didn't buy a Bass Pro special either ... so I expect a level of professionalism equal to the Bennington reputation.

I have 2 dealers near me ,1 about 11 miles west the other about 12 east . The one west, was about $500 less on the delivered price . I looked at their service department and choose the higher cost dealer .

Im with you Lakeliving, Id love to have a Benny dealership. Nobody walks away unhappy. Its boating for goodness sake

My dealer also came (about 240 miles one way) to do work on my boat - no charge. They had also delivered the boat to our launch 2 years earlier - I hadn’t bought a trailer. The person said that was his job to do outstate work with the dealer. It was only needed once.

Last edited:
That sux. It took them twice to fix my port toon leak also. Fortunately, they got it right the second time.

Burris, I was literally in the same boat as you a few months ago, ironically I live in Cape Coral also....Are you doing service at Marina Mikes? I'm in Cape Coral also and just had my boat dry docked for 2-2.5 months while they had to order, build and ship down an entire port tube, the welds were bad inside the lifting strakes and the authorized replacing the entire port toon. It ended up being cracked in several spots. I had a leak in the same port tube previously also about a little over a year since the first repair. All things considered it was not as bad being with out a boat for that long but then I only having to pay for the pick up and delivery ($150) plus service had fluids changed while in there helped to get over it.

Last edited:
Burris, I was literally in the same boat as you a few months ago, ironically I live in Cape Coral also....Are you doing service at Marina Mikes? I'm in Cape Coral also and just had my boat dry docked for 2-2.5 months while they had to order, build and ship down an entire port tube, the welds were bad inside the lifting strakes and the authorized replacing the entire port toon. It ended up being cracked in several spots. I had a leak in the same port tube previously also about a little over a year since the first repair. All things considered it was not as bad being with out a boat for that long but then I only having to pay for the pick up and delivery ($150) plus service had fluids changed while in there helped to get over it.

Interesting. What year, hull and model Dunn? I have a 2017 S-series SPS. I had bad welds along my port pontoon performance foil welds that started causing leaks in multiple spots this past summer. Got it weld repaired this summer under warranty locally. However, the ”fix” caused leaking inside my por side sealed performances foils. The shor cut fix is they drilled a drain hole in the back of that particular performance foil. Effective fix, but none the less a short cut. They’d likely have to replace the entire port pontoon to get it back to factory spec on my boat as well, but I am leaning towards accepting it as is since it is fixed, and creates no negative impact since I boat exclusively in fresh water. The description of your problem though caught my attention as it sounds similar or identical to what I faced this summer.

Yes, at marina Mikes. I took my little aluminum boat looked underneath but could not see where it was leaking. I'm afraid it's under the lifting strakes also. Hate to be without for 2-3 months, wife was looking forward to the boat parade in the Cape. The route travels the end of our canal. But i want it fixed right this time. This will be $300.00 bucks now. 150.00 each:mad:

Interesting. What year, hull and model Dunn? I have a 2017 S-series SPS. I had bad welds along my port pontoon performance foil welds that started causing leaks in multiple spots this past summer. Got it weld repaired this summer under warranty locally. However, the ”fix” caused leaking inside my por side sealed performances foils. The shor cut fix is they drilled a drain hole in the back of that particular performance foil. Effective fix, but none the less a short cut. They’d likely have to replace the entire port pontoon to get it back to factory spec on my boat as well, but I am leaning towards accepting it as is since it is fixed, and creates no negative impact since I boat exclusively in fresh water. The description of your problem though caught my attention as it sounds similar or identical to what I faced this summer.
2018 SLXP 22ft. SPS

Looks like they are pushing for a new toon. Did Mike's do a good job on replacing the toon? How long ago was your repair?

Well here we go round 4.......Previously all my leaking issues were on the port tube and it was finally replaced and had no issues for the remainder of this past summer. Fast forward to this past weekend had company from Orlando down for the weekend. We went out last Saturday, took the boat fishing in the AM, up towards Matlacha. Had a good time caught a bunch of lady fish and a nice trout and luckily no catfish! We came home at lunch and then took the girls to N Captiva to hang out for the rest of the afternoon and planned on catching the sunset on the way home.

While sitting on the beach I noticed the starboard side listing several inches below the port side, no one was on the boat either...Well i know where this was going. Called mikes Monday and the boat was picked up Thursday for service. Called this afternoon to see what the diagnosis was...Leaking behind the lifting strakes...again, the tube is getting replaced, again...I guess on the bright side the boat is basically going to look new again with both outside tubes being replaced in 6 months time. On the bright side the port tube looks great and Im sure this one will too.

Its definitely frustrating but stuff happens....hopefully the welder who made my tubes has gotten the hang of things since then, lol....

Here we go again. Same toon taking on water.:mad:

Looks like they are pushing for a new toon. Did Mike's do a good job on replacing the toon? How long ago was your repair?

Mike's service did a great job on the last replacement and its not their fault it leaked....Bob in service has been great every time and I know he is in a tough spot dealing people complaining every day...

I heard its cold in other parts of the US...not sure though, just what I heard...In case you were wondering about SWFL it was in the upper 70's and low 80's...

Attachments

• 20201213_154140.jpg
    20201213_154140.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201213_154130.jpg
    20201213_154130.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20201213_141603.jpg
    20201213_141603.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 18
Well here we go round 4.......Previously all my leaking issues were on the port tube and it was finally replaced and had no issues for the remainder of this past summer. Fast forward to this past weekend had company from Orlando down for the weekend. We went out last Saturday, took the boat fishing in the AM, up towards Matlacha. Had a good time caught a bunch of lady fish and a nice trout and luckily no catfish! We came home at lunch and then took the girls to N Captiva to hang out for the rest of the afternoon and planned on catching the sunset on the way home.

While sitting on the beach I noticed the starboard side listing several inches below the port side, no one was on the boat either...Well i know where this was going. Called mikes Monday and the boat was picked up Thursday for service. Called this afternoon to see what the diagnosis was...Leaking behind the lifting strakes...again, the tube is getting replaced, again...I guess on the bright side the boat is basically going to look new again with both outside tubes being replaced in 6 months time. On the bright side the port tube looks great and Im sure this one will too.

Its definitely frustrating but stuff happens....hopefully the welder who made my tubes has gotten the hang of things since then, lol....

Mike's service did a great job on the last replacement and its not their fault it leaked....Bob in service has been great every time and I know he is in a tough spot dealing people complaining every day...
Holy crap again! How long did it take for them to fix the other toon?!? Better keep an eye on that center toon too .....My daughter is working in Sarasota so we know all about the weather! Not so bad here in NC. 52 today.

I heard its cold in other parts of the US...not sure though, just what I heard...In case you were wondering about SWFL it was in the upper 70's and low 80's...
No, we weren’t wondering. We know your temperature is good and rather stable. In the Midwest the daytime high has gone up 60 degrees. To bad we are still below freezing.

Back