LIST YOUR SPECS HERE

• Boat Model --------- 2350 RSR
  • Model Year --------- 2015
  • Tube Option -------- ESP
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F300XCA
  • Prop Specs ---------- Yamaha Salt Water Series II 15.5 x 17

• Light Load ---------- 1 adult - 25 gallons of fuel (~1200')
  • Performance ------ 48.5 mph @ 5800

• Moderate Load ---------4 adults 1 kid - 36 gallons of fuel (~1200')
  • Performance ---------- 46 mph @ 5600
  • Heavy load ------- 11 people - full full tank, beer, snacks, all my crap, safety gear and every other available space filled with stories and laughs.
  • Performance ------- 38mph @ didn't get RPM

Fastmnstealth, that is awesome! I am envious!
Thanks!  Yeah, I was impressed.  So was everyone on the boat.

My buddy took the following pic as we were "putting" across the lake :)

Boat:     2550 GSR

Year:     2015

Tubes:  ESP with sealed strakes

Power:  Merc verado 300 Pro

Prop:     Enertia 16

Perf:      48mph GPS at 6000rpm

Load:     2 people and half a tank of gas.

Notes: This was the very first run on a brand new motor. On second time out, with 4 people and full tank of gas plus cooler etc, 47mph at approximately 5900 rpm. Upon break in, proper trim and operator gaining experience, I will update.
Boat:     2550 GSR

Year:     2015

Tubes:  ESP with sealed strakes

Power:  Merc verado 300 Pro

Prop:     Enertia 16

Perf:      48mph GPS at 6000rpm

Load:     2 people and half a tank of gas.

Notes: This was the very first run on a brand new motor. On second time out, with 4 people and full tank of gas plus cooler etc, 47mph at approximately 5900 rpm. Upon break in, proper trim and operator gaining experience, I will update.
I have almost an identical setup except my boat is a 2014. I am at 5880 at 44.7 MPH with a full tank, 2 people and normal gear (2 anchors etc...) I am having the motor raised from the 1st hole (deepest) to the second right now. I am going to test in on Havasu next week and see if I can get some more RPM's and a better speed. I have also noticed that this boat does not seem to be that weight sensitive. Full tank or low on fuel I get about the same performance. I have had one other boat that was similar, but most are weight sensitive.

I was kind of upset that the dealer is charging me an hour of labor to do this because I feel it should have been part of the purchase ( This is the first time it's been out of the water since I bought it), but if I get a positive outcome I will be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the boat out today with the motor raised. Conditions were windy and choppy so it was hard to find some clean water. I was still able to get 48.3 mph out of the boat at 6110 rpm's. Fuel amount was the same as it was when I pulled it right after I ran 44.7 at 5880. Overall it was a good decision, and I think I might be able to squeeze closer to 50 mph out of it with some better conditions.

Edit: I also ran with both biminis up and down, and it made no difference in performance. I do have aftermarket biminis that are tight, so it might not catch as much wind as the stock ones.

Hi 2550,

I never raised my motor. In checking at different speeds, the cav plate seems to be perfect. I only run with my double bim up. I leave them up 365. I agree the boat is not overly sensitive to weight. I would suspect under absolutely perfect conditions--strip all weight, less than a 1/4 tank, lowered bim, one person, 70 degrees with just a bit of wind, we would see 54. The best to date I have seen is 50. I am still playing with the trim. When I get the need for speed, I'll jump on my friends DCB with twins. :D

Cheers, Steve

Template does not come up. See signature below.

Great performance numbers Tooner!

ANDREW G's BOAT:

• Boat Model --------- 2550 QCB
  • Model Year --------- 2014
  • Tube Option -------- ESP w/ Center Storage
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha VF250XA SHO - 4-Stroke
  • Prop Specs ---------- 15 1/4 X 12 SS <----- Here is the issue
  • Performance ------ 33 MPH @ 6200 RPM,  six people, 45 gallons fuel. Good conditions, little chop
I have been reading this forum thread for awhile now, trying to figure out what to expect from my 2550 Q boat.  I have the Yamaha VF250 with 25" shaft, and I was really expecting performance in the low 40s MPH.  Just had the boat out on Saturday (Feb 13), it's 70+ degrees in central California.  The boat handles great, and I worked to get the hours on it before I opened it up.  After that the speed was NOT what I wanted.  I didn't realize until we were done that I do not have the right prop on there.  It is a 12 pitch prop.  SO...I am looking forward to getting the right prop (probably a SWS II 15.75 x 15) and reporting back to the group.

It is a great boat, turns on a dime (or maybe $.15) and a great time!  More to come...

Yup. Wrong prop.

Andrew,

After seeing your post I was curious and checked to see what prop I had.  Mine is a SS 16 1/4 X 17.  I ran my boat today with a light load (just a buddy and me and Yeti cooler about half full) with 3/4 tank of fuel.  Flat water conditions the boat ran 50 mph at 5900 RPM.  Front bimini off, just the rear full bimini on.

Yikes Andrew, I'm astonished your dealer would give you a 12 pitch prop with that motor -- and on a Q no less!

Andrew,

After seeing your post I was curious and checked to see what prop I had.  Mine is a SS 16 1/4 X 17.  I ran my boat today with a light load (just a buddy and me and Yeti cooler about half full) with 3/4 tank of fuel.  Flat water conditions the boat ran 50 mph at 5900 RPM.  Front bimini off, just the rear full bimini on.
1/2 full yeti weighs abut 900 lbs... Lol

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

As far as coolers go (I can't resist), I have gotten away from Yetis and the like.  I have a cooler similar to a Yeti, and it is a great cooler;  except that it is beyond overkill for my boating needs.  I watched all the video tests on coolers showing how long they keep ice, day after day and more.  Like many guys, I wanted the "best" I could get.  Then, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that me and mine don't go off for days at a time off into the wilderness where we needed coolers that would keep things iced for weeks.  Also, that big Yeti-like cooler weighted a ton, and took two people to carry to the boat once we loaded it with ice and drinks.  We needed about 8 hours of cooling (mid-morning until early evening at most).  Hell, a plastic grocery bag will almost keep ice for that long!  We finally settled on the AO coolers I have seen people talk about here.  These soft coolers keep ice very well, and I can carry two of the big AO coolers loaded with ice and drinks by myself, instead of needing two people for one cooler.  Anyway, I don't want to turn this in to a Cooler debate on this thread, and if we want to go down that road, we can move this discussion over to another topic...

...the thing I DID want to mention is my prop update.  Turns out that the Yamaha Saltwater Series II prop I need/want (15.75" x 15) is out of stock pretty much everywhere in the western hemisphere (more or less).  I guess Yamaha is saying late March or April.  I'm trying to get something better than the 12 pitch one I have now to tide me over, even if it's aluminum.  I'll keep the group updated.  We're going out on the lake this Saturday, so we'll see.

Thanks again,

Hell, a plastic grocery bag will almost keep ice for that long! 
I've done that.  One day last summer I had a meeting so I wasn't planning on boating that day, but the meeting got cancelled last second, so I decided to run down to the lake.  I normally keep all the stuff I need in my car for such occasions, but on this day I didn't have a cooler with me.  So, I bought a bag of ice at Casey's and used a plastic grocery bag as a cooler.  Both bags leaked, so I tied them to the rear fence and wrapped them in beach towels to help insulate and keep the sun off.  The ice lasted a good 5 hours.  It was a little messy and inconvenient, but it works just fine in a pinch!  To the others reading this, tuck this info away in the back of your brain.  You will use it someday.

...the thing I DID want to mention is my prop update.  Turns out that the Yamaha Saltwater Series II prop I need/want (15.75" x 15) is out of stock pretty much everywhere in the western hemisphere (more or less).  I guess Yamaha is saying late March or April.  I'm trying to get something better than the 12 pitch one I have now to tide me over, even if it's aluminum.  I'll keep the group updated.  We're going out on the lake this Saturday, so we'll see.

Thanks again,
You might be better off with the 17P version of that prop. I have the 15P with my F200 and it works well. I think Derrick runs the 17P on his 250. I'm sure his specs are somewhere back in this thread, but that's the reason I went with that prop in a 15P for mine since the 17P was right for his 250. 

You might be better off with the 17P version of that prop. I have the 15P with my F200 and it works well. I think Derrick runs the 17P on his 250. I'm sure his specs are somewhere back in this thread, but that's the reason I went with that prop in a 15P for mine since the 17P was right for his 250.
You may be right, but hard to say for sure. I have the VF225 and the 15.5 x 17 SWSII prop with the 2350 rbr and I'm only hitting 5400 rpms. I was hoping to also test the 15p prop last year, but it was out of stock. You could try Ken at propgods, but he would send you a Mercury prop with the adapter. That would be a good way to test both the 15 and 17 though at once.

Back