Lock the changing room?

GaRoc

Reaction score
Has anyone found a simple but secure (and tasteful) way to install a lock on the changing room of a 2275 GSI? I'd like to store my fishing equipment in that space, and if it's locked it would probably deter a thief who may not want to spend the time and create the noise to break into the space.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a lock for the 3rd tube floor storage? a lock on that would be great

How about a lock for the 3rd tube floor storage? a lock on that would be great
Just MAKE SURE if you do this, it can be unlocked/opened easily from inside ..... kids like to climb in these and hate to read about one getting stuck inside .......

that they do even when we were shopping for a pontoon the kids were in every storage compartment of every boat in the show room they were having a blast! Now they get in there and use it like a foam pit with all the life jackets!

Thanks to the Commodore on Looney Toonz II.

The lockable rotating mechanisms you list would replace the existing non-lockable one on my boat, and if mated with a hasp or bolt type sliding lock mounted inside of the "roof" of the changing room the area should be secure.

Thanks for the suggestion.

GaRoc

That's what we are here for. Hope it works out like you wanted.

Has anyone found a simple but secure (and tasteful) way to install a lock on the changing room of a 2275 GSI? I'd like to store my fishing equipment in that space, and if it's locked it would probably deter a thief who may not want to spend the time and create the noise to break into the space.

Thanks
Did you (or anyone) make this change? And does it work pretty good?

(we don't even have the boat yet but wondering if this could be a good idea for us as well as a way of being able to leave some things in the boat while it's docked in the marina over the season)

Back