Magma Connoisseur series gas grill/Chefs Mate

Looks great and the location looks functional too! Wish the grill I bought had that slide out tray in the front - think you will find that essential. Now batter some of those shrimp in coconut/orange zest and tells us how they turn out :p
Friar,

What grill did you buy? Did you mount it on your TOON? Maybe post a few pics. The more options for grills we have on here for everyone to choose from the better. Just a thought.........

oooops...diregard, I saw your Kumma grill. It looks great and I like your install area. Having the SLi crusier, the back left corner of the swim deck is pretty much the only location I could find using the post

mount. Yours looks great!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!! I really appreciate your help!
biggrin.gif

Toon'd Out, I bring up an old post, but think it's a good time to do it as I bet I'm not the only one looking to mount a grill. You have had some time to use this grill now, would you do it again or would you change anything? I have the same grill and same mount. Planning on installing in a few weeks. One question, did the 1.5 screws protrude through the deck? Thanks for posting pics.... Very helpful

Nice looking grill. Will the mount fit in any standard seating bracket? I have a 22' SSX with the fishing option floor plan. I could sacrifice one of my back chairs from time to time in order to take the grill along on day long fishing trips.

Nice looking grill. Will the mount fit in any standard seating bracket? I have a 22' SSX with the fishing option floor plan. I could sacrifice one of my back chairs from time to time in order to take the grill along on day long fishing trips.
If you don't want to sacrifice any seating .Rail mounts are available.I wouldn't have it mounted while under way ,but another option .

http://www.amazon.com/Grill-mount-bracket-set-Pontoon/dp/B006707CP8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369148194&sr=8-1&keywords=pontoon+grill+mount

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-PerfectFlow-Insta-Start-Propane/dp/B000BPHNK4/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1369148226&sr=8-14&keywords=coleman+grill

I like it better in the actual seating mount. On my 22'SSX the rear port side seat is kind of a tight fit for someone to fish out of anyway. So unless I have the kids with me its generally not used. I tend to be up moving around while fishing. So using that back post mount on extended fishing trips would be perfect.

I like it better in the actual seating mount. On my 22'SSX the rear port side seat is kind of a tight fit for someone to fish out of anyway. So unless I have the kids with me its generally not used. I tend to be up moving around while fishing. So using that back post mount on extended fishing trips would be perfect.
Just remember, grill equals grease splatter ........ I'd keep it at least out on the back end if possible, and cover any seating/upholstery nearby as grease spatter goes EVERYWHERE !!!!!

As for seat mount, not sure about that, but worst case, get the tallest seat mount with a flat square top mounting point and you could mount the grill easily, just might have to drill a couple holes.

Just remember, grill equals grease splatter ........ I'd keep it at least out on the back end if possible, and cover any seating/upholstery nearby as grease spatter goes EVERYWHERE !!!!!

As for seat mount, not sure about that, but worst case, get the tallest seat mount with a flat square top mounting point and you could mount the grill easily, just might have to drill a couple holes.
That is exactly I would prefer the over the side mount , and I would still cover the furniture and carpet .

Good point, however I don't have a rear or front deck on the 22'SSX. I would only cook brats and dogs on the boat, nothing serious that would cause much grease splatter like burgers and such. The only upholstery in the area would be the privacy room which I could easily throw a towel over. I have full vinyl flooring which would clean up easily enough if anything dripped under the grill.

Warm food while fishing would be a welcomed perk compared to snack bars and junk food! :)

FYI, brats splatter more than most foods. I love myself some stadium brats

I buy them from an artisan meat store near where I work. They are a bit expensive but the quality is amazing. Not much grease, but the different flavor combo's they have going are top notch.

Good point, however I don't have a rear or front deck on the 22'SSX. I would only cook brats and dogs on the boat, nothing serious that would cause much grease splatter like burgers and such. The only upholstery in the area would be the privacy room which I could easily throw a towel over. I have full vinyl flooring which would clean up easily enough if anything dripped under the grill.

Warm food while fishing would be a welcomed perk compared to snack bars and junk food! :)
You could also get a " Grill Mat " similar to this ,cut a hole , slide it over the post when cooking .http://www.dealgenius.com/deluxe-grill-mat-protect-your-patio.html

I too will be purchasing a Magma grill soon for a trip my wife and I are taking with two other couples up to beautiful Torch Lake in Northern Michigan come July. Still trying to figure out which model but as I have the swim platform on the back of my I/O I am still trying to figure out what rail I'll mount it from. That spot on the port side entrance door looks promising.

Reactions: AWK
I buy them from an artisan meat store near where I work. They are a bit expensive but the quality is amazing. Not much grease, but the different flavor combo's they have going are top notch.
Oh yeah? Do you only use Grey poupon too?? Haha

I too will be purchasing a Magma grill soon for a trip my wife and I are taking with two other couples up to beautiful Torch Lake in Northern Michigan come July. Still trying to figure out which model but as I have the swim platform on the back of my I/O I am still trying to figure out what rail I'll mount it from. That spot on the port side entrance door looks promising.
TORCH! Best chain of lakes. We keep our boat on Clam Lake, just down from the Dockside. We will be on the lake every Friday through Sunday in July/Aug.

TORCH! Best chain of lakes. We keep our boat on Clam Lake, just down from the Dockside. We will be on the lake every Friday through Sunday in July/Aug.
Well we will be on Torch from July 17-21. Cannot wait. I think we will be staying on the Clam River.

The grill looks amazing. Exactly where we'd like to put a grill for our new 22SLX, but I'm wondering if there'll be enough room back there.

I will have to post a pic of our grill, we cook out at our sandbar quite often. I use a 4' piece of 3/4 steel post threaded one end, mounted a 3/4" flange to the bottom of a portable grill and just push the post into the sand and screw on the grill. Works great and keeps all grease splatter away from the boat. We've been doing this for 10 years now. Water at our sandbar is no more than knee high out in front of our boat ( there is no visible sand anymore). We get at least 50 boats out there on an average weekend.

Back