Mid America Trailer Good Choice?

H2GO

Reaction score
My wife and I went to a local boat show a few weeks ago "just to look". We were so impressed with the Bennington pontoons we ended up placing an order for a 21SLXP with a Yamaha 115 and a promised delivery date by Memorial weekend :D . We are upgrading from a 19 year Sweetwater  with a 50 HP so this will be quite an upgrade for us. We ordered a tandem trailer with brakes that is branded Mid America. I've never heard of this brand but my dealer said it was an excellent built unit but they all say theirs is the best. Does anyone have any knowledge of this brand? I don't haul too much as the boat is in a slip however I do make a few 250 mile runs each summer. All of the other dealers in my area do not carry this brand so I'm not sure about it. Any knowledge out there to share?

I do not have a Mid American trailer. But have been looking at new ones and that would be one of my top choices. They are a good trailer. And there are a few that have them on this site so I am sure they will chime in. so imo you would have a quality trailer. 

Oh and welcome to the club. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one, I feel it is well built.  It has some nice features, coupler, fenders, led lights, electric reverse brake release.  The one issue I found was a wiring crimp on the white wire terminal screwed to the tongue.  I added a zip tie with screw hole to support the wire.  Otherwise, the crimp is holding the weight of the harness.

Welcome Aboard!! Can't answer trailer questions, but PICS ARE MANDATORY when you get the toon!!! :D

Oh yeah, read up, you really need a 150hp .....  :lol:

So give up the info .... what's the boat specs? :ph34r:

Welcome to the club! Mid American trailers definitely have a good reputation behind them but that's only as good as the dealer who sells it! 

Pics are a must!!

Welcome, you are going to love your new Bennington.  Many experienced folks on this forum with answers to the questions you are sure to have.  Ask away.  How will you be using it?  Just cruising or water sports; tubing, skiing etc?

Welcome, you are going to love your new Bennington.  Many experienced folks on this forum with answers to the questions you are sure to have.  Ask away.  How will you be using it?  Just cruising or water sports; tubing, skiing etc?

We usually just putter around the lake but when the weather is looking bad, I do get the green light from the wife to open her up and get back to our slip. I'm not into racing anyone because I will just lose the race anyway. Once the grand kids are a few years older I will be doing some slow tubing (< 15mph). 

We had to make the decision as to 115 or 150.  The folks on this forum pound into my head: "buy your last boat first."  Although it stretched the budget and after much thought we went with the 150 with SPS.  The 115 would have been fine for the wife and I but we have 7 grandkids. Granted they live in different states and may come twice a year during boating season.  The very first time we took them out tubing behind our 90 the first words out of their mouths was "go faster."  Spending that much money we did not want to have any regrets, so that did it for us 150 it is. There are many threads on this forum comparing 150 vs 115.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many threads here on these trailers, so do a search for "trailersforpontoons.com". I have one and love it.

Mid America trailers

Get the 150hp

Go for the 200 ,ask me how I know .

Oh NO! My dealer just called and told me the Bennington factory has major delays due to a lack of premium furniture :angry: . We were told the boat would not be done until mid-June which is just unacceptable. Not sure if it was my dealer that did not have their ducks in a row of if this is legit. We cancelled the order and our deposit is coming back. Very disappointing but maybe a sign of issues to come if we stayed this course. Off to the dealer to search existing inventory we go. Update to follow............ :unsure:

Sad to say, but there's a reason it's the #1 selling pontoon in the country. They can't build them fast enough. I think lots of dealers know this and bought a fair bit of "lot" inventory. My dealer has a total amount of 21 stock plus 4 or 5 custom including ours. 

Hopefully you can find something on a lot.

Get the standard furniture and now you have money for the 150/SPS.  There are quite a few BM dealers down here in Ohio.

Buckeyelakemarina.com, Spendaday.com, Clemonsboats.com  Good luck.

Oh NO! My dealer just called and told me the Bennington factory has major delays due to a lack of premium furniture :angry: . We were told the boat would not be done until mid-June which is just unacceptable. Not sure if it was my dealer that did not have their ducks in a row of if this is legit. We cancelled the order and our deposit is coming back. Very disappointing but maybe a sign of issues to come if we stayed this course. Off to the dealer to search existing inventory we go. Update to follow............ :unsure:

How close are you to Canada?? I know this guy there with a 250....... Hehehe Just kidding 

Many dealers sell mid america trailers but trailersforpontoons.com buy the trailers from the factory and put there own touches on them such as led's, heavy duty options and the list goes on.  I would add a picture but I don't know how to resize them to put them on the site. 

The dealer may not have realzed how backlogged Bennington was with orders, or they did, but wanted to try to lock you into a purchase; hoping you would be willing to wait.  If they deal with a lot of Bennington's, then I'd be surprised they didn't know there was no way of getting a new order by then. If they don't push carry or sell many Bennington's then maybe it was an honest mistake.  That said, Bennington is certainly backlogged.  

As for Mid-American trailer, they have a good reputation from what I am aware of with them.  I have had two landscaping and hauling trailers from them over the years, and they are/were very well constructed. As a matter of fact, when I had to get a new one (long story involving lessons in not letting one's mother "loan" talk you into loaning your trailer to another irresponsible family member...), I went out of my way to order from them.  

That's not the same as buying a pontoon trailer from them, but its enough for me to have confidence in them.  Thus, I have a lot of confidence in the quality of their product, but not first hand experience with them in regards to any kind of boat or pontoon trailers.

As soon as I see someone post they ordered a 115 I just sit back, buckle up, and grab some popcorn!

Hopefully you find another boat. Waiting until spring to order is never a wise bet if you want to be in the water in May.

As soon as I see someone post they ordered a 115 I just sit back, buckle up, and grab some popcorn!

Hopefully you find another boat. Waiting until spring to order is never a wise bet if you want to be in the water in May.

Maybe we just start a thread ..... I ordered a 115 and forum talked me out of it ...  :lol:

Maybe we just start a thread ..... I ordered a 115 and forum talked me out of it ...  :lol:

Or for me....I ordered one and sold the boat after 3 months of use for a 200!!

Back