Might be minus one boat within a few days.

You should add some side panels for some, uhhh, "quality time" ! Haha

That just might be in the future plans.  ;)

The screen definitely kept me cooler during the test, while not feeling "closed in". 

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you attach it to the bimini?

And where did you get the screen?

Good ole American ingenuity!!!

How did you attach it to the bimini?

And where did you get the screen?

Shatex 90% Black 8x10ft New Design Sun Shade Privacy Panel with Grommets -UV Resistan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XMB9FR8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apip_fBxtclT2IostP

I haven't quite decided how I'm going to attach to the Bimini, yet, but if I go over, I'll use straps over each side to the bows. If I go under, I'm thinking about a smaller diameter pvc, and rig something as pleasing to the eye as possible. 

Looking forward to seeing it all completed. As Hannibal from the A Team would say...."I love it when a plan comes together"

I'm still wondering if my motor needs to be raised due to having the express toon setup, which makes the stern sit lower in the water. As you saw in the vid, there's a lot of turbulence back there when going just over planing speed.

If I wanted to talk to someone at Bennington, does anyone have contact info of a person you really like talking to? 

I would talk to my dealer ,they are the ones who did the rigging .

Good point, Jack. I did talk to the dealership owner. His reply was that they have it mounted according to the Bennington specs. I see that is possible, but if this one rides lower than the ones that have the third toon all the way back to the motor, then it seems this one would need to be mounted higher. 

You'll also notice in the video of me in the river at 37 MPH, that the front of the boat is way out of the water after I trimmed to the max. If the motor was a little higher, I wouldn't have to trim as much, resulting in the boat riding a little more level. Just thinking out loud (or actually silently through my fingers). 

The express toon will always ride bow high. I'd leave the motor where it is and enjoy!

Looking for an idea for my stereo head unit. It's the round Kicker unit. I love my tunes, but I have to turn them off after dark because the stereo light is too bright to safely navigate on a dark lake. Have any of you come up with a solution "other than turning if off"?

Are you using the KRC-15 round remote with the KMC-10 deck?  I only ask because I know when using the KMC-10 you can turn the blue outer ring off and can dim the text.

Are you using the KRC-15 round remote with the KMC-10 deck?  I only ask because I know when using the KMC-10 you can turn the blue outer ring off and can dim the text.

Mine is not the 10. I think it's the KMC 1. I don't see a dimmer function, but night before last, I stretched a sock over it and was able to use it all the way to the dock. 

The last Bennington was named "Toonafun". We're trying to come up with a name for the new Benny. I wanted to focus on the word "Nauti", so I would jot down any that came to mind. The one we both like is "Nauti - Dream".

Nauti Girl n Buoy

These are on the list that I had started.

Nauti Daze

Nauti Toons

Nauti Dream

Nauti Therapy

Nauti Assets

Nauti Fun

Liquid Therapy

Gettin' Nauti

Feelin' Nauti

History: I got up to 37 right at the 8 hour break in period, and that was as fast as I had gotten in it, but was getting 35 and some change on the speed after that. Maybe it's because my wife kept adding things that we "have to have" on the boat, but I couldn't get any more speed out of it than that. The wake was also messy, due to what I'm suspecting as the motor pushing more water than it should have from sitting low. I figured that if it was pushing that much water forward that it couldn't be getting all of the speed and fuel efficiency that it was designed for. Everything that I had read, stated that you should be able to see the cavitation plate. Well, I couldn't see it for all of the turbulence around it.

Current: Well, after talking about it for a while, I finally raised the motor one hole, this week. I couldn't believe that a 3/4" rise in the motor could make that much difference. I took it out last evening to watch the Harvest Moon. The wake had smoothed out. The speed increased by 2+ MPH. I was hitting 37.6 MPH without removing anything from the boat. It didn't go over 6000 RPM. My wife, the puppy, and I were on board, as well as 3/4 tank of gas. Oh, and all the stuff that we "have to have" was still on board. The ride seemed much smoother and quieter. The motor even seemed quieter, if that's possible. I've still got a very strong stream of water coming out of the p-hole of the motor so it certainly didn't affect the cooling system. I could also see the cavitation plate right at the level of the water; not below, not above. Seems to be just right. I'm satisfied with that. :D

Last edited:
Back