Might take the plunge ......

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
As much as we love it and hate to give it up, we "might" be trading our 20112275RLi (based on trade $$) on a to be ordered 2017 23GCW or Swing-back (again depending on price).

One question I have, on recent years on the GCW, the upper portion of fence was open. Every picture I've seen on the new ones shows the panel in that area. Kind of kills the view. Anyone seen a 2016/2017 with open top? 

Dealer said Bennington hasn't released price on Swing-back G model yet, but should be available. That is really my preference, but the rear lounger, with optional co-captain lounger is our second choice.If this happens, I will REALLY miss my RLi "Next generation" elevated helm, but I WILL NOT miss carpet. Standard now is Designer woven vinyl. None of our dealers boats had carpet this year and I can't blame them.

In before the horsepower wars!!! ;-)

I have a 2016 GCW and the entire fence is paneled (or filled in). 

Sounds like you have a good relationship with your dealer where he won't kill you on the trade. If he tries sell it yourself on craigslist and make the deal. That's what we did.

I heard there was a new G series helm coming too. Any confirmation of this?

Agree! Sell it yourself to get maximum money for your down payment. You won't have any problem selling it on CL!

One issue is no trailer. Other one is our lake has a waiting list probably 50+ long for a slip. Im willing to give up a little on trade depending on where price comes in on the 2017. Hopefully he'll take it off our hands this year so that will give us approx $1500 savings over winter from payments and storage, and equity will roll into down payment. I sent specs to him to see where we land. Motor's over 400 hours now so that will take a little bite out of that value. 

As much as we love it and hate to give it up, we "might" be trading our 20112275RLi (based on trade $$) on a to be ordered 2017 23GCW or Swing-back (again depending on price).

One question I have, on recent years on the GCW, the upper portion of fence was open. Every picture I've seen on the new ones shows the panel in that area. Kind of kills the view. Anyone seen a 2016/2017 with open top? 

Dealer said Bennington hasn't released price on Swing-back G model yet, but should be available. That is really my preference, but the rear lounger, with optional co-captain lounger is our second choice.If this happens, I will REALLY miss my RLi "Next generation" elevated helm, but I WILL NOT miss carpet. Standard now is Designer woven vinyl. None of our dealers boats had carpet this year and I can't blame them.

Agreed Semperfi, I love the R's Next generation helm, so much more impressive looking.  How much more can it really cost at a manufacturing level, not sure why it isn't available on the G and S

Yeah, that helms been the deal killer last year or two, but I'm getting to the point that the rear loungers and extended deck are very close to overriding my desire to keep mine. I'll still get the elevated helm, but it sure ain't gonna be the same. You can't really retrofit either cause the seat and armrest are designed to fit the helm mold. (At least as I can tell)

Oh man PADS have set in!!!

PADS is a funny thing; I have it take over a mans life within a month and sometimes it lasts up to a year.  However in the end PADS always wins

Yeah ..... I've been able to fight it off numerous times, but I think this time I might be infected. Especially after I got my credit union rate ....  :blink:

Can you keep it at another lake so you can throw 250hp behind it?

Just get a 200 and peel off one of the zeros on the sticker. Problem solved!!!! ;-)

I wish, but sadly my income only supports so many toys, and I ran out TWO toys ago ....  :D

Just get a 200 and peel off one of the zeros on the sticker. Problem solved!!!! ;-)

I heard there was a guy on our lake with a 25HP. He would have been ok if he kept his mouth shut. Supposedly he was bragging about it and they found out and made him remove it ...........

I wish, but sadly my income only supports so many toys, and I ran out TWO toys ago ....  :D

There is a reason PAD is named after Derrick! He can't afford the upgrades either but makes it happen! Thus, our leader and inspirational figure.

I almost spit out my sammich when I read that, LL.

Back