Mobile Office Space

AuthorizedUser

Reaction score
This has been my mobile office space for the past few days and will continue to be into the summer. The mobile hotspot and VPN connection to my school's network works great. It's a whole different mindset out here on the water.
20210506_153826.jpg

I did that last spring when schools in our state shut down through the end of the year and instruction went virtual. On a few nicer days I just worked remotely via cellular internet connections from the boat. My only hang up was screen visibility in the sunshine.

What is this "work" to which you refer?

Randy, retired since 2017

That’s cool. I’m hoping I get stuck working from home again. I’ll do it in my new camper. ;)

I’ve had zoom meetings under my tiki hut but never on the boat. Years ago in Michigan though my boss would do ride alongs with me. We’d end up back at my house and take the boat out for a cruise.

I’ve had zoom meetings under my tiki hut but never on the boat. Years ago in Michigan though my boss would do ride alongs with me. We’d end up back at my house and take the boat out for a cruise.
My one boss boss had a boat. He’d be like “got a half day to help me out”. I’d help him launch or retrieve his boat for the season. It was voluntary so it‘s not like he forced me to do it .... but I don’t think I ever declined the offer. ;)

What is this "work" to which you refer?

Randy, retired since 2017
Retired in 2012. But you can only play so much golf, bowl, boat, pickleball, racquetball, shoot, cut grass, garden wash cars, travel etc. etc. Both my wife and I work PT 2 or 3 days a week to get out of the house and stay busy!!!

Now that I'm permanently WFH, I'm hoping to do some from the cottage. I'm certainly jealous, because I'd never be able to efficiently work on my boat, or even the patio for that matter. Enjoy...

Retired in 2012. But you can only play so much golf, bowl, boat, pickleball, racquetball, shoot, cut grass, garden wash cars, travel etc. etc. Both my wife and I work PT 2 or 3 days a week to get out of the house and stay busy!!!
Retirement is so overrated. Retired in 2009, then back to work in 2017. Got tired of not having anything to do...especially in the winter. Just sat around and thought about what hurts.

I don’t know. I retired last year and am loving it!!! Of course, time will tell. I think having something to do part time seasonally will be a big help, while being able to slow down and step away from work entirely other seasons. At least that’s my game plan. Lots of local and civic things to get involved with too, so always options out there.

I hope to spend retirement spending time with my family, boating/fishing, being outdoors and maybe seeing this great country from an RV.

Lakeliving
Had to post after your mention
The wife drives the truck pulling the boat and I drive the RV
We snow bird to Anna Maria Island FLA for the winter and spend the summer on Lake Erie and in between hit some of the bigger waters for a few weeks at a time.
Just return from Lake Lanier GA, Hartwell Lake SC and Norris Lake TN

Attachments

• Lake Lanier GA.jpg
    Lake Lanier GA.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Lake Hartwell SC.jpg
    Lake Hartwell SC.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 16
Back