Mooring cover clips

SLXJOE

Reaction score
Is there a trick to unhooking the mooring cover clips from the rail. They're easy to snap in but very difficult to get to release. Hoping you may have some suggestion on how to make it easier. We tried pulling down, pushing up and even a twisting pull motion. Some did release but only after much effort.

Thanks

Thanks the video shows exactly how to remove the clips. We appreciate your response.

Pull up from the side of the clip, not in the middle. I also mark on my cover with a wax crayon, several points for reference on the front. Makes it easy to start with it lined up correctly.

We roll out the cover and start at front drivers bimini cutout then work up/back from there. Everything lines up based off that starting point.

Thanks the video shows exactly how to remove the clips. We appreciate your response.
Make sure you drop poles first. That’s key to get tension off clips. From that, you should be able to pop clips with no effort at all. I can pop my clips faster than the old snaps.

Make sure you drop poles first. That’s key to get tension off clips. From that, you should be able to pop clips with no effort at all. I can pop my clips faster than the old snaps.
Dropping the poles first and unzipping the zipper are key to relieving some of the tension. My wife finds it easier for her to pull down on the corner of the clip from her standing inside the boat. I find it easier standing outside the boat and pulling down on the corner of the clip. I realize this depends on whether the boat is in the water or on a trailer, if you can do it from inside the boat or outside.

We roll out the cover and start at front drivers bimini cutout then work up/back from there. Everything lines up based off that starting point.
That‘s how we do it. Probably based on advice you may have given me back in 2017. Works great!

For those that still have snaps, keep them lubed with chapstick.
You will thank me later! ;)

Back